Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

us election results

R

Quote From cakeman:

here there's very little difference between the major parties, the politicians are all so dull.

Ours may be a bit dull, but possibly less rude and personal in their campaigning, I thought. I have been a bit surprised at some of the comments made during this campaign that seemed irrelevant and a bit below the belt really - though the only example I can think of now is Schwartzenegger laughing about Obama's skinny legs and saying he needed to work out a bit more to built up some muscles. What's that got to do with his political views? It's like David Cameron poking fun at Gordon Brown's glass eye or something. You might expect it from journalists or satirical commentators, but not actual politicians on a public campaigning platform. It's all been very interesting to watch though!

J

Yay, great news. I'm pretty excited to see how the world will change as a result of this; not just military-wise, but in relation to policies on Africa. Bush and cronies withdrew support to African aid agencies that advocated contraception, for example. I hope Obama gets on that soon!

T

Was there an election? Gosh I hadn't heard about it! You'd think there would have been sort of media coverage on the run up to it.. Did Diana win? ;-)

Hehe on a serious note I think the right man got the job and I think he will be very good for the US and through that the rest of the world too. Lets hope by some sort of miracle we can get someone so popular elected as PM here!!

R

Tricky, that would be definitely a miracle!!! Though Tony Blair seemed great when he started, if I remember that far back... so long ago now...

T

Yes that is true he was seen as the breath of fresh air the UK needed after such a long standing Tory government.. But unfortunately it didn't really work out that way..

K

Olivia, Congratulations, it must be a wonderful day to be an American. I've tried not to idolize Obama as I've followed the campaign closely but this morning I allowed myself- what a man, what a voice, what calm strength. It's good to be alive and see this happen.