Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

What's everyone doing for Valentine's day?

H

Thats good but if you were offering it would be even better

H

Sleepyhead, I need a pen, can you please recommend one?

It needs to write well

and

ermmm

It must be red (not the ink)!

S

Well, how much would you like to spend (our pens go up to £3500), and would you like a ballpoint, a rollerball or a fountain pen? If you prefer a fountain, would you like to use bottled ink or cartridges?

R

Oh, poor you sleepyhead. After the topic on wanting a boyfriend died, I thought you've actually found some.

But hey, I'm miserable on the Valentine's Day too - work in the lab. LoL. So there's two of us...

P.S. I also need a pen. A nice one :)

S

So, after my complaints about my other half being so unromantic he actually bought a very sweet card AND a box of chocolates! I now feel extreemly guilty that I didn't make enough effort, although I did buy him a card!

M

For anyone who is into marmite, may I recommend the special Valentines day edition with champagne - even if it is only 0.3% alcohol... that's got my v day wrapped up.

H

Does it actually taste like there is any champers in it?

Marmite has such a strong...marmitey taste, it overpowers everything

T

I would rather have a nice pen than alcohol-filled marmite...

M

H, yes it does actually taste alcoholic. Not sure you can distinguish that the alcohol is champagne but there's something there.
I don't think there's anything wrong with liking champagne marmite AND a nice new pen, since you can use both at the same time??

S

This is sad, but I do now really love pens thanks to working at the shop. I want a Yard-O-Led hand-engraved solid silver victorian fountain pen... but it costs £350!!!

S

I think that tends to happen when you work somewhere to long. I used to work in a shoe shop and now have an obsession with shoes!

T

When I was younger I worked on a vacuum cleaner/accessories stall on the market in my home town.. I wouldn't say I developed an obsession with them.. but i used to know far too much about hoover bags, filters and drive belts! There was once this kid who came on the stall who was obsessed with vacuum cleaners.. his mum had got him a dyson for christmas.

M

This is really sad too, but I've always wanted to work in a pen shop - simply for the love of stationery

S

Sillybilly, don't lie, you just love shoes!
And Tricky, that kid is well sad - hoovers??? God, I don't know what I'd do if I got a Dyson for Christmas, though my mother probably would!

S

Ok i'm not going to lie I love shoes and have far to many but am seeking help for my addiction and my terrible bank balance that comes with it! But a girl can never have too many shoes...(or boots in my case!)