Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

hair question again

K

Mine goes rubbish even quicker than that Bug. Usually I'll wash it at night so I don't have to blow dry in the morning. So say I washed it on Monday night, on Tuesday it would be fine but by Wednesday it would be greasy :$ Instead of washing it every day, which I used to, I use dry shampoo on alternate days which works well :-)

B

======= Date Modified 14 Jan 2010 13:22:39 =======
I started to lose hair since 2 years now. It accelerated in the last months. Now I have very thin hair. Last night I saw my scalp at the end of the hair line. I am panicked now. What should I do to stop this? I never dye or use any chemicals other than shampoo and conditioner as my hair is long. Will I be bald?:-(

S

hi everyone, hi BLue
I'm sorry to hear your hair is thinning but all is not lost! Have you gone for a health checkup? For example if there is an issue with hormones and thyroids, your hair could thin as a result, but when you have got your health balanced then the hair will grow back. Something like that.

Also, other factors like stress..

what do you think girls? I heard that neem is very good for hair (any ideas, bug?).

Tomorrow is Friday--and the end-result of my search for hair dye is that my friend now says she will do it for me on Saturday because going to the salon is too expensive!

satchi

B

Hi Satchi, today I gave blood to test. Stress seems a important cause for hair loss. This could be the reason as I am very much under stress. No one in my family is bald so there is some hope that it's reversible and they will grow back.
Today I also had a haircut. Before my hair was long, on the bra level, now it's just touching the shoulders.

I have no white hair but I prefer to be in your place than remaining without hair. Good luck with your hair dye!:-)

W

Quote From blue:

======= Date Modified 14 Jan 2010 13:22:39 =======
I started to lose hair since 2 years now. It accelerated in the last months. Now I have very thin hair. Last night I saw my scalp at the end of the hair line. I am panicked now. What should I do to stop this? I never dye or use any chemicals other than shampoo and conditioner as my hair is long. Will I be bald?:-(

Hello, Blue. Do you think it could be alopecia nervosa? Stress can certainly cause hair loss. I have direct experience with this from when I was younger. My mum suffered from this condition and she lost a lot of hair in the process - all related to stress. It has all grown back now though, so it's reversible. :-)

P

Hi Satchi,

Oh I so love this 'room' of ours... and now we have a food room too with the dine with me thread!

Ok - hair packs, I've heard natural things are nice, although not as spectacular as store boughtstuff. For instance egg (if you can bear it) is a natural conditioner, as is honey, as is lemon juice.

A last rinse with a lemon squeezed in used to be a nice squeaky conditioner for the teen me, but really it depends on hair type.

My only consistent strategy with my hair has been *never* to have used blow driers, *never* to have coloured* and *never* to have curled/straightened/anything that involved anything artificial. And that's cos I was lazy (still am) but now I guess I am happy about this decision!

PS: Henna is a great conditioner by the way as you may know.. not just the colour, it's got this function too :-)

B

Hi Wal, it could be. I hope so. It's so stressful now and I developed an uncontrollable anxiety in the last months that there is a constant lump in my throat. To recover I have to wait to finish this phd. This means other 6-8 months. :-(

N

I love this space as well, have a little side-interest in hairdressing so its nice to share!

Blue - I'm pleased that you have been to see a doctor, maybe go to see a trichologist as well unless your GP refers you. I don't like to make diagnoses as your hair loss could be due to many things, even hormones. I know I keep recommending products to people but Kerastase has a new range for thinning hair, the shampoo is Bain Prevention and the spray product is Stimuliste. I don't think they are a replacement for anything a doctor can give you but I have heard very good results for them from clients. I hope you can sort it out soon, and please try not to worry too much although I know its difficult.

Satchi - hope your colour goes well!

S

Natassa I'm going to look at the Kerastase products you mentioned! Does Boots sell them? Usually I pick up my stuff from Wilkinson's, its very near where I live. I've not noticed if they sell Kerastase there.

Tomorrow is hair dye day! :-)

N

No you can only get Kerastase from good salons. Headmasters and Rush do it, and some independants, there might be a stockist list on the website http://www.kerastase.co.uk/_en/_gb/home/index.aspx

S

WOW! thank you for the link!!!!!

S

hi GIRLS!!!
guess what
I have now got a headful of dark brown on my head!!! It's made my hair look shinier!
My friend fixed it for me, it was quicker than I thought. She brought her brush/comb and used it.
She bought me a Garnier colour (she's also using Garnier) so ok I went with it. Now my hair looks somewhat neater because the whites are gone. I'm happy with it. Now I only have to touch up the roots every few weeks or so.

I still intend to get some good hair products, as Natassia recommended kerastase.

OH yes. now its almost 3pm, I have only thought of my supervisor only ONCE today.
But I still have a crush on him.

everybody have a great weekend!!! x

N

Glad to hear the colour went well Satchi - I'd go for the pink Kerastase range now, probably the Chroma Riche shampoo, it will keep your colour in for longer...treat yourself to expensive shampoo as your colour isn't costing you much!

S

Hi girls, Natassia (in particular)
guess what I have just bought myself a pot of the Kerastase chroma chroma mask! Cant wait to try it.

I need some advice please; I was at Selfridges today and saw a saleslady curling a customer's hair. I was in such a hurry to meet my friend that I did not notice the brand of the product; but I remember seeing a picture of a cowboy on the box! Do you have any idea what brand it is? all I heard was the lady saying "medium size is good for your hair, costs £90 now on offer, regular price £120".

I really like the curler but at this moment I can't pay £90. CAn you recommend a reasonably priced curler for me, something easy to use.

Also I saw the lady curling it on dry hair, is that how it works for all curlers. I know this sounds silly but here goes anyway: how long will the curls stay after being curled? Does the brand (of the product) have anything to do with it? I'm really thinking of getting one. Maybe this saturday.

please please reply
thanks
satchi

P

I also wear synthetics in winter but I have found the best way out from this problem. I use Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner. And they help my hair to survive in winter time. And what about dying I would advise you not to dye your hair at all. It will keep them healthier.
(up) http://www.wantthelook.com/shop/brands/paul-mitchell/6514