Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

Need some motivational ideas AGAIN!

D

I'm meant to be submitting 1st September. Its quite scary, especially as havent seen supervisors in months

W

Glad to hear I'm not alone. Word count for today is -516! Hmm this motivational word count does not work so well when editing! I have written quite a few new words, but they're been off-set by the ones I deleted. I'm pleased with what I've done though, things are picking up.

W

DJWickid - has your supervisor read a first draft or are you just going it alone and handing it all in without him/her seeing it? My main supervisor is on sabbatical and my second is on maternity leave!

J

200 words today! i'll do some more and let you know how many i get done by the time i sleep.

where have i been??? laughing with a potential boyfriend online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! am i mad or what? anyway, time to do some work.

J

739 words

W

Things going a bit better - 1013 words today...total of 70,000 now.

M

What stage are people in at writing up?

I just feel really slow, I have been doing it 3 years 10 months now and I had hope to finish a while back,

However I suffer with motivation.

W

I've also been doing this for 3 years 10 months. I hoped to finish within 3 years but then I took a full time job and it's been hard to finish off. I've completed a draft of the whole thing, have had fairly positive feedback but I've been told quite a few things to work on. *Hopefully* I'll finish in 7 weeks. It's strange how it's hard to stay motivated at the end. One would imagine you would see the finishing line and steam ahead, but I'm just too burnt out! I am now the Queen of Procrastination!

W

I have been! First on the to do list when I submit is excercise and giving up the excessive unhealthy addictions I have acquired whilst doing the PhD...well, cutting down at least!

W

Let's hope so!

J

2100 today!

H

On the hottest day of the year - last week - I managed 4000 words. Since then all words have dried up. Going to give it another go today! Will report back later - good luck all!!!!

W

wow 4000 words, that's excellent! I've got family staying this week so will not get much done at all!

J

you give me hope hillyg. 4000 words!!!!! am gonna try to write 4000 today. that would be my greatest achievement in the last 6 months &-)

M

Well I haven't started working yet, started browsing around a little. I admire you for juggling both at the same time. Although I may have to soon as the money is running out.

I am about 75% written now but I haven't really had anyone to read it and critisce it yet. I just hope it is good enough, as it really has been a bumpy ride for me.

Today has been a bit of a downer, I have done abour 1hr 30mins, then just wasted the rest of the day surfing the internet. I know I shouldn't but looking at the PhD just gets me down.