Appling for Funding

J

I am about to apply for PhDs but I'm worried I haven't got enough Lab experience. People have suggested me doing a Masters (Mres) first, but most masters are unfunded, and the ones that are I am not interested in.

If a masters is not advertised as funded, can you apply for funding? And how do you do this? Is it before or after you apply for the masters?

Help!

J

Sorry I have to apologise for the spelling mistake in the title of that post. Great start hey!

K

I am from Ethiopia. I have got admission from one of the university found in Netherland for my MSc. But as I am living in developing country I cannot help my self to learn. So how can I get fund to learn without Niffic and EU?

G

This is a UK forum. I don't think I've ever seen a question asked/answered re Holland. Try a Dutch forum.

N

Hi there, a Masters really does help. For one thing it allows you greater time to build a list of contacts, and to find funding/develop your PhD proposals etc. I'm currently studying an MSc, before atempting a PhD, and I'm still looking for funding (due to start in October), and still no luck at all. So time is good.