CALLING ALL DISABLED INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS

M

Are you an international (non-UK) student with an impairment/disability, long-term health condition and/or learning difficulty?

Would you like to talk about your life experiences in an English University?

Would you like to contribute to the disability debate in English universities?

I am a disabled international PhD student at the University of Leeds - researching disabled international students’ experiences in English universities.

I want to hear about your experiences and ideas on services provided in your university, and any difficulties you have encountered during your education, with the hope of working towards a more inclusive UK university system.

Although I am looking at four particular universities, I am interested to hear from other HE students, to give wider insights into international disabled students' experiences at university.

Your involvement in the project will include taking part in a small focus group of 6-8 people of around 1½ hours in length, and/or an individual interview of approximately 1 hour Participation is voluntary - all participants will be given pseudonyms to safeguard their identity.

To contribute to this important study please contact me at the following address: [email protected].

For more information please go to: http://www.leeds.ac.uk/sociology/pgres/armineh.htm

I look forward to hearing from you.

Armineh Soorenian