can I get a CDL???

T

======= Date Modified 02 14 2010 12:14:02 =======
Hi, I'm thinking about doing an MA In voluntary and Third Sector Management, I'm worried I won't be able to get a careers development loan, I've heard banks only lend these types of loans to graduates studying the typical vocational course like.. engineering, vet, etc. I'm so confused I assumed any type of course could be funded using CDL.

x :-(

J

I don't know much about them but would take a look at the banks' websites or phone up to ask.

R

Hi Tweety2boo, I recently completed an MSc and took out a career development loan to help me. As far as I can tell they are available for anyone doing a postgrad course and at the moment you can borrow from the Co-op bank or Barclays. The interest rate is lower than a normal loan from other banks and the application process was fairly straight forward. You can check all the details on the link below e.g. eligibility and how to apply etc. I think you still need to apply through the DWP and then choose the bank you want to borrow from. Hope this helps :-)

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/AdultLearning/FinancialHelpForAdultLearners/CareerDevelopmentLoans/index.htm

T

oh pixie thank you so much! that's some great piece of advice, this puts my mind at ease. thank you both x