Charity/trust fund grants

S

I've looked through the forums and something that is missing (the thing I am looking for) are small charities and trust funds that give out small one off grants.

Does anybody know of any small random grants that can help with purchasing books / paying for travel / living expenses to seminars etc? I'm hoping for something general (ie, any student can apply) but I'm specifically doing a masters in research methods in cognitive neuroscience. I'm self funding but don't have much cash extra for expensive texts and certain living expenses, any help would be much appreciated as it is hard to find using google (I've been trawling the net all day with no joy)

The only one I know of is the 'Sir Titus Salt Foundation' that gives anything between £40 and £250, a nice little helper.

This might be a good thread for people taking CDL's but don't want to spend the whole thing if they can help it

Sam

M

I wasn't able to find any funding from charities etc. that I was actually eligible to apply for. Can you get a CDL for cog neuro masters? That would help a lot, think I will go to the bank and ask.

PS I can't believe you used your real name! Guess who? :p

S

That isn't my real name :$ To bbe honest I'm on so many forums I'm losing track so I thought I keep it nice and simple. ;)
I think you can get CDL for just about anything.

Do I know you from a certain psychology course?