Chinese learning

C

Hi I have been trying to study Chinese by myself for quite a while. But do not make significant progress necessarily. I really hope that I am able to use this language well. So if any of you have good recommendations, like language schools or university programs, please let me know.

Thanks a lot..

J

======= Date Modified 22 May 2009 15:41:18 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
Removed - advertising.

S

hi coolstuff09, sorry I cant recommend you any schools/programs. Have you looked at your own university's language programs? surely there must be one for chinese. Go for those Conversational Mandarin classes. They're good fun.

the best way is to speak chinese with your friends (I guess its mandarin you are looking at?). You might make them laugh, why not. Part of the learning process. Get into those chinese streaming sites and watch chinese movies! if they come with subtitles, you might learn something!!! remember that you should be watch mandarin and not cantonese... (if you want to learn Mandarin) HAHAHA

If you are learning to read and write, I guess it would be harder (honestly). Find a sifu.
love satchi

S

I don't know of any schools/courses to recommend, but in the meantime Pimsleur CD's are very highly regarded for teaching spoken language, including Mandarin. Good luck =)