Dissertation Deadline

S

I am currently doing my dissertation, I have a lot to do and its due next week. My supervisor read only 1 draft. So he is expecting another draft by Thursday. Its not looking good.I have writers block and I have been crying every night since last week however I have been working on it daily for the past two months. I dont know why it is still not completed. Has anyone on here every encountered this panic when writing their dissertation? :-s

A

Yup, me too, in 2005. I was exhausted, but then again, I'd just had a baby. Get offline and crack on.

S

Thanks Ill try, more caffeine, red bull and all that good stuff.(gift)

S

Thanks for the advice and fantastic encouragement strawberry girl. Ill take your points into account. Congrats on submitting your dissertation, it must have been a great feeling.
Your right everything is a blur at the moment.

So far I have done a very scanty draft of the dissertation. I’ve done 6 chapters at the moment its 25,000 words it is supposed to be 16,000 however most of mine is copy and pastes of journals and notes etc.
I started neatening the structure up on Monday. So far I’m only on the Lit review. I feel slightly calmer as I’m inputting the information into the right subheadings now. The words need rearranging a bit but as long as the structure is perfect Ill be happy with that for now.
Ill have a neater draft by Saturday at this rate then Ill email it to my supervisor and he can briefly read over my aim of 3 chapters by Saturday.

Lol I have some herbal tea and I will go to sleep early so Im not sluggish tomorrow.
Thanks again. Ill keep you posted on the progress, right now I will try and stay positive.

PS: Wish I found this site 2yrs ago its great