Failed a module last year and got postgrad certificate, what can I do if I still want my degree

W

PLEASE HELP ME!

I did my master last year at UCL but eventually failed a module(dunno how but I did my best). I got a message from the course director that I can only get a postgrad certificate but not the degree. I wonder what can I do now if I do want to have my degree.
I did some research on the postgrad hand book and found the following statement under FLEXIBLE MODE OF STUDY:

Further guidance on modes of study
i) Students who were on a full-time mode of study who have failed but are
paying for additional registration/teaching may have their mode of study
amended as appropriate.
ii) Students enrolled on a flexible mode of study can be given advice by
programme organisers about the recommended period of time in which to
complete their studies.

I dunno if it works in my situation?

PS. I was in the 13-14 academic year but got a terrible car accident last Oct before the final results came out. I stayed in hospital for about 5 months and came out of it 2 weeks ago.
I wonder if it would be too late or I can still try to negotiate with the department?
Please help and it's quite urgent! Or can I appeal a remark cuz I think I did a lot better than the mark I got.

G

Hi whitepigeon

My first instinct is to say: go and speak to the module leader for the subject you failed. It's pretty difficult for anyone here to answer your question. You need to speak directly to your institution to gain an understanding of why you failed and what you can do. Having taught at university, there is nothing more frustrating than students who have issues, but don't come to speak to you in time for anything to be done. It's your responsibility to sort this out and posting here won't help. You need to speak to both the module leader and perhaps the course director to find out what/if anything can be done.

Good luck. I hope you can get this sorted.