Failed my Masters Project...

L

Hi all,

I pretty much just found out today that I did not pass my masters project - I got 43 when the passing mark is 50. This mark is due to be confirmed by the exam board on the 9th Oct. I've been put down for a referral/resubmission with the capped mark at 50 but have read that I could walk away with a PGDip without the project but I'm facing a bit of a dilemma.

I'm currently doing Human Resource Management and I don't plan to continue on studying for an MBA or anything higher than a Masters. I'm also currently hunting for a full time job in HR as well as I would love to start working on a career in HR. I don't know whether I should attempt a resubmission of my project or just accept the PGDip. Weighing both options, if I do manage to pass the project a second time round I should gain a professional HR qualification as well as a Masters degree, but at the same time I'm worried in case I fail again and would still end up with just the PGDip having wasted the time to resubmit the project when I could have concentrated on job hunting. Also, the course was very expensive (£10,000) and I feel like such a let down having spent so much money on the course to walk away with a PGDip rather than the Masters that I studied for. I just don't know what to do...

With regards to the project, I really feel like I gave it my all, I spent a great deal of time on it but experienced great difficulties due to the fact that a lot of my peers had access to companies where they could conduct a project on but I did not so I had to use my own contacts and source my own information. I just don't see how this resubmission could be any better unless I changed my topic completely and started the project from scratch.

T

resubmit, but ask for some guidance from someone. You've invested too much to quit now.