Getting Help Writing Essays

C

It's clearly not something anyone should ever advertise having done, but as I said in my earlier post, I was lucky enough to find a trustworthy site and I got the grade I needed. I'm not denying that 99% of sites / people out there are scammers.

W

Quote From cwilson79:

It's clearly not something anyone should ever advertise having done, but as I said in my earlier post, I was lucky enough to find a trustworthy site and I got the grade I needed. I'm not denying that 99% of sites / people out there are scammers.

Trolling??? Broken record??? Change subject??? Now if only I could find an essay writing service to help me turn that into a short passage...

S

I actually find this all very disturbing. The fact is (as I see it anyway) that to be able to be known as a Master of Arts, or a Master of Science, the holder of that title should have worked for it, not handed over a few bank notes to somebody else to do it for them. That anybody couldn't have passed without cheating in now way validates that decision - you would then be claiming to be something you aren't because you couldn't do it.... Now, I don't think for a second that any of the posters here who are admitting to using these services couldn't do the work, maybe they ran out of time, maybe they found it tough going, maybe they didn't speak to their supervisor and get extensions... I don't know. What I do know is that they will be titling themselves as 'Joe Bloggs' MA, BA - possibly with a darned good grade, but they haven't earnt that grade and that makes me so angry. For so many of us, well, all of us, we made sacrifices, we worked so damned hard to make those deadlines, get the essays in, work, work, work, and now we have our degrees and we can be bloody proud of that. How can you be proud of cheating your way to a degree by handing over something that you didn't do? I don't understand it, and I'm upset that when so much in the way of funding etc depends on the marks on your grid, that those of us who worked so hard for our distinctions will be up against somebody who has that, but couldnt' actually do it, and so paid somebody else to do it.

I'm just quite shocked that people would do this - what the heck is the point of going through the academic system if you hand in work that you haven't done?

E

I feel very angry when I read that people pay to have their essays written. I got my bachelor from my university (not UK) after 4 years of hard work, I got a decent grade of 75% and I am proud of that, because it is MY grade! Then I did 2 masters in UK (an MA and an MBA). It was very hard for me, as it was a different way of studying at a different country and at a different language. But I made it! I didn't get any help, although I could afford it (being lucky to have parents who could fully support me). I wouldn't be able to look at myself if I did get someone to write my essays for me.
After all, this is the meaning of studying! To be able to do your own work. If you can...I am sorry, but not everyone is able to study!!!

T

For crying out loud!

T

Spam reported...

C

It is indeed a sad state of affairs that people will resort to using essay writing services (in other words, cheating!) for a piece of paper. What is the point, and what was the objective of you doing the degree in the first place? I note that someone said that they are now engaged in doctoral work on the basis of using such services. The question is, if they cannot do the work at Master's level, how likely are they to be able to do PhD level, without the structure and taught elements of a Master's? Why waste 3/4 more years doing something either they are not cut out for, or unwilling to put the efforts in?

Maybe I am the odd one out here, but the whole purpose of my returning to education (MA in International Politics in a Russell Group) was some sort of ego trip, to be able to rant and ramble on subjects that I find interesting, and have my prejudices confirmed or changed by the marks and feedback that I receive. If I am denied the opportunity to communicate my thoughts in my essays, the whole education thing would be pointless to me. Why pay good money (£5 K in my case), then some more good money to someone else, to do the most enjoyable part of the course?

Excuses about inability to do the work due to various contrive reasons don't really wash. Most unis have decent student welfare policies, and extensions can be easily obtained for illness, personal issues etc, and in extreme cases, the degree can be deferred. As for academic ability, I firmly believe that anyone willing to put in the work will get decent grades. My undergrad was from a college of further and higher education (originally a CNAA non-honours degree when I enrolled, got changed to a honours degree and taken over by a post-92 institution by the time I graduated). I can say with hand on heart that the Russell Group MA, if not easier, was certainly not more difficult.

T

This is exactly what happens when the cost of studying is so high = people who can afford it will enter courses rather than people who are proficient and able to cope with the material, and actually give a contribution to the discipline. People who can afford to *pay* to get their essays done will go further. I hope that those of you who have paid for essays are chased by the ghost of Marley all night long, every night for the rest of your life. Basically, yes, I am cursing you. You're welcome.

C

Quote From Trilla:
This is exactly what happens when the cost of studying is so high = people who can afford it will enter courses rather than people who are proficient and able to cope with the material, and actually give a contribution to the discipline. People who can afford to *pay* to get their essays done will go further. I hope that those of you who have paid for essays are chased by the ghost of Marley all night long, every night for the rest of your life. Basically, yes, I am cursing you. You're welcome.

No sure people who pay for essays will go further. Further than whom? Most of the 'products' will be lucky to scrape a low 2:1, and far more likely to be in the 2:2 category, as the writer have no idea what the payer has read or been taught as part of the course. Its likely to be a generic piece of work, and hence stock marks.

C

[

P

Quote From sunnyday93:
When I have some difficult topics, which I'm absolutely not fluent in, I use SupremeEssays, sometimes just for a few ideas, tips, or to develop the right algorithm of writing.

You are peddling bullshit my friend but nice try.

P

When I was a first year student at Portsmouth University I didn’t have much time for writing term papers and other routine. There is nothing bad if you need some help.

P

Quote From sunnyday93:
I'm not sure whether it is up-to-date to write, but I can recommend a writing service called Supreme Essays which I find really trustworthy.

I love reading the sample essays on sites like yours. They're absolutely atrocious from start to finish. Why anyone in their right mind would pay for that rubbish is beyond me.

M

Well, i'm very much impressed after readiing your articles. You have excellent writing skills.

L

Speaking as someone who works in science communication for a living, the people who write for essay mills are really... not great. Sure, there are a few talented writers among them. But generally, people who take themselves and their work seriously - either as writers or academics - do not get involved with this kind of thing. These companies will hire pretty much anyone, but since no one credible gets involved (why would they write for them when they could do legit work - like proofreading or actual SciComm - instead?) they're typically scraping the bottom of the barrel. If nothing else, I wouldn't recommend putting your course in these people's hands. Use the money to hire a writing tutor or legit proofreader instead.

Also, as an editor I've got to add that, when you read a lot of people's work for a living, it becomes SUPER easy to spot when something is off - I reckon I'd be able to spot an essay written by someone else a mile off, if I had other pieces of work by the author to compare it to. So don't underestimate your tutors.

TL;DR - essay mill writers are generally pretty bad, and it's unlikely they'll produce something that you could seriously pass off as your own if your work came under any scrutiny.