grave mistake in my dissertation

A

hi, I have submitted my MPhil dissertation in history and i realised while working on a paper presentation that the time period I have worked on is wrongly mentioned in my dissertation. the cover page is correct. but the content and the chapters title has wrong time period mentioned. it should have been 1504- 1605 rather than 1504-1605.
my viva might be in two-three months. I don't know what to do. I m freaking out. my supervisor was quite lazy when he read my dissertation and we had a huge communication gap. I know he will be really angry and will completely put the blame on me if I tell him. I know I m largely responsible. I don't know what to do. I m dreading my viva now and still a lot of time is left. It's like a slow poison!!

H

Quote From anks:
hi, I have submitted my MPhil dissertation in history and i realised while working on a paper presentation that the time period I have worked on is wrongly mentioned in my dissertation. the cover page is correct. but the content and the chapters title has wrong time period mentioned. it should have been 1504- 1605 rather than 1504-1605.

Apart from the space between the hyphen and 1605 in your first example, I can't see a difference. Can you explain to us what the mistake means? It is probably not as big an issue as you fear.

T

It's really not a big deal, you can correct it post-viva.

D

You can make much bigger mistakes than that and be OK, believe me! Mere typos etc not something you'll be failed for.