help a bit guys?

V

Hello, this is my first post so go easy ...

I have just graduated with a 2:1 in economics from Caledonian Business School and after struggling to find a job I have decided to go down the post graduate route. I am considering doing the Msc in International Business and Emerging Economies at Edinburgh Uni or the Masters in International Management at Strathclyde Uni. Now the courses are both in circa of £12,000 and I wondering, are these particularly expensice courses (if so why?) and which is the best way to secure some funding. My parents are off to the middle east early next year so I will be going in alone. Can you suggest places to contact regarding funding and also, how do i find out which course is best for me?

Regards

David

T

Are you from the UK, EU or overseas? That sounds like an overseas student fee, but some Universities and some courses (especially business) charge more.

V

Hey , no i am a uk resident :D

V

any help guys >???(up)

M

Unfortunately, management courses are always very expensive as they are often funded by the private sector (not by grants, but by employers sending their employees on Msc or MBA courses) and universities have to find funds to pay for their shiny new management schools. As for funding for masters courses generally, there is usually very little funding available. I would imagine your best chances of funding is via a university scholarship.