HELP for Methodology part

T

Hello, I am a master student in the Netherlands and desperately need help with my Methodology chapter. I have had a lot of trouble with my work in the past and I fear that I am never going to finish. All the information that I am researching is just so overwhelming that I get more confused the more I read. As I do not want to discuss the details of my thesis so openly I would really appreciate if I could talk to someone that is good with methodology, in particular with semi-structured interviews. I would really be forever grateful for any advice I could get, even only referrals to good papers or books.
Thank you very much.

M

Hey tresh,

In fear of stating the obvious have you discussed these issues with your supervisor/s? I found that reading the methodology sections of papers relating to my particular field helped massively in the write-up. Maybe that's a good place to start?

T

Hey matt123,
thank you for your answer. Yes, I a have discussed this with my supervisors but unfortunatly that is where the confusion actually started. I have already looked at different methodology sections, but so far it has not been very helpful. I will however continue to do that, maybe I just haven't looked at the right one yet.

S

hi tresh
how bout working backwards -- with your data semi-structured interviews, have you decided how you will analyse them? If you choose one particular way of dealing with your data, and write the Methodology from there. You can see other studies/paper as well, but it can become confusing. So maybe you can narrow down the choice so your methodology won't become complicated!

hope this helps
love satchi

S

hi tresh
here is a paper using data from semi-structured interviews, I think its open access
love satchi