How far to take third postgraduate qualification?

S

Thanks for your advice.

I've decided to call it a day at PgDip. I don't think it's fair to myself to keep changing the goalposts, especially when financially it is causing me a lot of worry.

I emailed the uni early this week and have yet to hear back from them. I kind of fantasize that they're in talks about giving me a scholarship lol! Realistically though, it's probably just that they are busy at the moment.

No regrets. I believe that the PgDip will be suitable for what I want to achieve and I have enjoyed it immensely but with two masters degrees already, my financial and thus mental health needs some tlc :)

F

Glad you've come to a decision. I think it's probably the right one, personally. Definitely you should look after yourself first and foremost! Take care.

S

Quote From fallenonion:
Glad you've come to a decision. I think it's probably the right one, personally. Definitely you should look after yourself first and foremost! Take care.

Thanks onion :) you too :)

Interesting proposition about having multiple post-grad degrees. I have two. One Bachelor and one Masters (by coursework), and I have job interview after job interview, and often get told that I'm over qualified, or "you'll get bored". I'm proud of my academic achievements (I completed my Masters online - wow I hear you say - but I did all myself), and the reason I am undertaking a Masters of Research this year is because I'm no longer interested in working for plebs and dumb "managers". Go to the top - get your PhD. Just do it.