inquiry related to applying to a master degree

B

Hi,

I am a Moroccan student finishing mu BA in ENGLISH STUDIES by this july.And I am willing to apply for a Master anywhere excet for Morocco.This might be too general but I am asking you for any help to choose where and how.I am concentrated on Linguistics but I will consider any advice.

Thank you

T

Look for any funded placed first, narrow down to 3 or 4 countries that you want to live in, then look for good universities there that do your course, consider transport links for travelling and returning home, then apply to a few.

D

Well, for English studies the UK seem obvious. But there you really need to watch out for funding because otherwise the fees are really high.
An alternative suggestion would be a Nordic country (Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland). They have a high quality of education and no tuition fees, and they are also very welcoming towards international students.
I know some people who went there for studies who had really positive experiences. I researched some universities myself because I considered doing a master's degree there as well. Ended up in the Netherlands instead (which is also nice, but I am not sure about the fees for non-EU students).

B

Quote From datura:
Well, for English studies the UK seem obvious. But there you really need to watch out for funding because otherwise the fees are really high.
An alternative suggestion would be a Nordic country (Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland). They have a high quality of education and no tuition fees, and they are also very welcoming towards international students.
I know some people who went there for studies who had really positive experiences. I researched some universities myself because I considered doing a master's degree there as well. Ended up in the Netherlands instead (which is also nice, but I am not sure about the fees for non-EU students).

Nordic countries were my first choice but the deadlines were in december :(

B

Quote From TreeofLife:
Look for any funded placed first, narrow down to 3 or 4 countries that you want to live in, then look for good universities there that do your course, consider transport links for travelling and returning home, then apply to a few.

I don t think that a master in the field of linguistics or English will be funded anywhere(if you know any please inform me)...I was only thinking of least losts.I can afford a 16000BPounds for a master in the UK but when contacted some universities I felt like they are begging for students which made gave me a negative image.A degree from a university that begs for stuents will definitely be useless especially that I am planning to study a PhD
any ideas please