Maintenance grant advice please

J

hello Everyone, I am new to this forum. I am a new part time Master`s student, self funded ( a family member is paying for the tuition fees) I did not really want to lose this opportunity after staying at home for so long due to unemployment, grabbed the opportunity with both hands at least to improve my prospects. Now thing is since I am unemployed, money is very very tight, partner is paying all bills plus helping out with fare etc. I really need some sort of maintenance grant to help me through. Also I should mention I am still actively looking for work but unsuccessful. Does any one know where I can apply for this? Thank you so much for reading this.

JM.

H

Hi jmarrella. Welcome to the forum.

It would help people to advise you if we knew (i) which country you are studying in and (ii) what your field is? There are some sources of funding which are only available in certain regions or academic disciplines.

J

JM I was in the same boat as you doing a course as I am and still unemployed. I would seriously say that even though you have done the masters, you still will be unemployed as people are still wanting experience. How about trying to get some work experience or anything whilst you do the course as it could be the matter of getting a job or not.

Granted not what you want to hear, but, this is what I am getting. Or on the other side, you can get through the masters course and get a job straight away!

But if terms of the grant, we need to know where and what you are studying.