Master Admission in Engineering with sub GPA 3.0

W

Hi,
I've recently completed my bachelor's degree in engineering and want to pursue my Masters (Water/Environmental) on scholarship.
My question is that is it possible for me to get into Engineering School with my GPA 2.82 out-of 4 max.
Or is it possible to win scholarship as I can't complete without scholarship?
Should I try for it or just forget every thing? Please guide me.
Thanks in Advance!

T

Most people on here attend UK universities. If you're mentioning GPA are you talking about US unis? I don't know the answer in any case.

I

Hi,
I'm from the UK but I know quite a lot about the US as two of my brothers are studying there. To be honest, a 2.82 GPA is not good enough to get a scholarship in a top engineering department. Depends on which unis you're aiming for. If you're looking at MIT, Caltech, Stanford, etc…. then I'm afraid it's not good enough. That being said, for other universities, they may consider other parts of your application that would compensate for the GPA: can you get really good references? do you have a really good personal statement? These things would counterbalance the GPA but you should be realistic about the kind of university/department you're aiming to get into.