MSc Finance, which university?

I

hi,
i am going to study MSc Finance and got offers from Warwick and Cass(City university London) business schools.
but now i am experiencing some problems in choosing the right one for me.
what do u think which school is better to study finance?
i am planning to do career in investment banking so i should chose the one with better employment prospects
thanks

R

Hi,
I'm glad you are going to study in UK. It's the best place to study.
I've been there for a visit and it's a beautiful place.
I would suggest you City university London, because is more specialized in the field of Finance.
I am looking for any opportunities to go for a master's degree in the field of business at a british university, but I need a course which offers scholarships.
Do you know any?

I have graduated in Finance-Accounting, in 2006. I am 25 years old.(HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP)

I

hi Rozeta,
thanks for ur response, i really appreciate it.
u know i am also looking for a scholarship but still could not find.
there are very few scholarships available for graduates from my country.
if i find any course or scholarship i'll let u know.
good luc in ur search.
p.s. i stopped on City university.

R

Hi mate,
listen. Warwick is in top 5 favorite universities of investment banks, actually Oxbridge, LSE, Imperial and Warwick are the target uni's of investment banks.
my advise would be Warwick as i have seen here in london many to recom. this uni. good luck with it.
I am going to do Southampton this year. get back to me if you need more info as i am in london.

R

Rozetta, depending on the country you are from you can apply for a scholarship at www.londonmet.ac.uk not a popular uni but good for starting i know some guys studying for free and working for banks.

good luck

I

Rovshanbek, thank you very much.
u know i got lots of information about these both universities from web, but still not sure which one is more suitable for me and my plans.
what do u think about city university? is it respected among potential employers? i would be most grateful if u could give me more information.
thanks
p.s. can i ask u where r u from? the reason is your name, i think u can be from my country

R

hi mate, i am from uzbekistan. sure you are from there as well if i am not mistaken. Cass business school is very famous among employers as it is in the city of london and close to all opportunities but might not get you a good job as employers let's say IBs prefer students from Oxfrod, Cambridge, LSE, Imperial, Warwick and then Cass or Bath. Actually you are paying inflated price for your education at city university. warwick is much cheaper and more reputed. it is entirely up to you to choose mate. try the following as well http://news.students.efinancialcareers.co.uk/formhandler.cfm
just out of curiosity, how do you want to finance your study. if scholarhsip. whichever gives more go to that if you are paying for your edu. then i would say go to warwick.
good luck

R

Also see this http://news.students.efinancialcareers.co.uk/STUDENTANSWERS

if you are to work in audit or public accounting then go for any top 10-15 university. but as to Ibanks it is better secure a degree at the universities mentioned below.
thank and think again.

I

salom ravshonbek!
yes, I am also from uzbekistan.
my father is funding my studies.
deadline of accepting my offer letter from city uni is february 15(this friday) and i still could not make decision,i do not know why. both have got own advantages.
what attracts me in cass is its location but i know that warwick is better in quality.
whay do u think about my chances to get a desired job (in IB) if i chose cass business school?
i think u have got more information about IBs and ways to get in. also opportunities and chances for uzbekistan citizens.
will i be able to get an offer from IB with Cass diploma?
oldindan rahmat

R

give me your email. i will email you instead posting here. i would not say do not take cass offer but i can only give you the facts in the market now. if you like cass go to cass then. but do not take my words too serious as it is just my opinion from my experience around here. so it is entirely up to you actually. just emailme: [email protected]