MSc vs PgD

W

I was hoping someone might be able to give me some insight for a question I have. I'm from the U.S. and have applied to several schools in the U.K. for post graduate work. My interest is in forensic archaeology. The program I would like to do the most is forensic archaeology and crime scene investigation. This is a taught program not a research one. I'm not looking to teach and I'm not looking to go forward for a PhD. Will I have roughly the same success at finding a job in the field (in the U.S.) with a PgD as I would with an MsC? I know an MsC holds a little more weight and sounds better, but since we don't have PgD's in the U.S. will it really be that much less than having an MsC would be?

R

What is your first degree? You should never apply for a Master's to get an entry level job unless all your attempts (finding employment) have failed and been exhausted.

W

My first degree is in a completely unrelated field. I took some anthropology classes to get a 2nd bachelors degree but was unable to finish. The schools I applied for specifiy you can apply with an unrelated degree if you can prove you have a strong interest in the field. There aren't any ways (that I've found) to get a job in forensic archaeology or crime scene investigation without an advanced degree (so even if I'd have been able to finish my degree in anthropology, it still wouldn't give me a shot at the field I want to be in . . . I've looked everywhere to gain experience instead of spending more money on a Masters degree but by the looks of it, it's not possible).

But that also didn't answer my question. I only wanted to know, basically, how much weight a PgD might hold in the U.S. as far as job outlook vs an MsC.