Recruiting students for masters dissertation

K

Hi everybody,

I am new to this forum and therefore not sure whether I can find the answer to my query anywhere else within the forum.

I am doing my masters and as a part of my dissertation I need to send an online questionnaire to undergraduate students of 12 universities. My supervisor has advised me that admissions office would not be able to send it through their distribution lists and therefore I should think of other ways like some popular web forums etc.

Can somebody please advice on how can I send my questionnaire to maximum students and obtain a decent response rate?

Thanks in advance

Komal

N

Try the student unions, they might be able to help... and your own student union.

K

Thanks, I will try this

Anybody with any more suggestions???

A

======= Date Modified 23 Dec 2010 10:17:13 =======
I think many popular web forums are not keen on postgrads recruiting participants through them. I tried it once and was 'wrapped on the knuckles' pretty quick. You could try contacting individual societies in the universities - they might be more amenable?? Some of the more popular socs have large memberships.

A

J

See if anyone you know at your uni has contacts at other unis who might be willing to fill in the questionnaire and/or recruit other students to do so

S

hi komal
12 universities? well if you know other people in 12 universities, perhaps you could ask them :-)

have u tried facebook? if u post a link maybe people will click on that and respond
On the another note, I know its annoying and hopefully nobody reports you; but I know friends who have posted links before; they put it on their wall and other people actually click on them to have a look.

another way is if you know people in societies; and ask if you could post it to their members.
good luck and happy holidays!!!
love satchi

K

Thank you all for your replies. You have been really helpful.