UK Bank Account

T

I am moving to London in September for an MSc program at LSE. I am going to have to transfer all of my savings in dollars to pounds. Any idea which bank has the lowest conversion fees?

Thanks!

S

hi Tzantha
oh I dont know which bank has the lowest conversion fees; maybe someone else can fill you in.
I always think that banks don't give good conversion rates.

someone else can share with you which bank, rates, charges etc.

I'd like to tell you that I use HSBC and I am happy with this bank.

The only other bank I have used is Lloyds; I did not find Lloyds customer-friendly.
I don't use Lloyds anymore.

love satchi

J

My husband transfers money around between pounds and euros (UK to Spain and Italy) and he finds that companies such as HiFx offer better rates and lower commissions. You do need to have the bank account set up already though to make the transfer. I would set up a bank account and then make the transfer using Hifx or similar. Always phone them up and bargain with a couple as you might get a slight improvement (which if you are moving large amounts makes a difference).

P

i know a group of Accountants in London who offer free consultation and i like to refer u because i was in this same situation when i came to London so these guys definitely help you out :)
have a good day and please ping me on this thread if your issue is not dissolve
http://accountantslondon.cc/

Hi TZantha

Good luck with your move to the UK. You can find information on opening a UK bank account on FindAMasters.