ITALIAN STUDENT LOOKING FOR A MASTER IN LONDON

M

Hi guys! My name is Marika and I'm moving to London in 5 weeks. I'd like to start studying a master in January. I have a bachelor degree in Languages (English and Spanish) here in Italy and I am very interested in Media Studies. I'm surfing the web to find info about application forms and fees, but everything is really confusing. Can I work during my studies? Can I actually study there? Any information will be more than helpful, especially from some other Italian student. Thank you for your time.

S

Hi Marika,

I am a 25yo Italian. I spent the last year and a half working in london (waiting staff) and i will begin an MA at Warwick next month. So consider i am not an expert of UK universities, even if I have quite a lot of friends studying at postgraduate level here.
I can tell you london is horribly expensive (and I absolutely adore the place) so consider seriously going somewhere else if you still can.
I reckon your main problem will be that the academic year begins in September, and I don't know any masters starting in January. I strongly suggest you to find your master of choice on the internet, or at least a small number of universities to shortlist BEFORE you leave Italy. After all, you have plenty of resources (this forum, findamster, government website) to get an idea of what you can do and it will help you a lot later on, because London can be a bit confusing, not the best situtation to take an important decision.

Claudio