Missed dissertation submission deadline for 100% online masters

O

Hi anyone,
I feel very annoyed with myself about this because I was well in a position to avoid it. It so happened that the corrections made to the final reviewed draft of my dissertation was lost 2hours to deadline when my laptop 'froze' and I couldn't recover.Long story short I submitted 7hours after deadline. The deadline is an automatic one month extension for not submitting at the original deadline(1mth earlier).university guidelines says such dissertation will fail. iv been so worried. My dissertation was within date deadline for some other time zones though and I'm just hanging my hope that the university uses this 'leeway' of the last timezone for me. I'm considering mailing my student support manager but don't know what to relate(and wondering if I shd let sleeping dogs lie just in case I scaled the deadline). Its a 100% online with many students across various timezones. I'm wondering if anyone has or seen any experience and how it played out. All my search indicates that unis are strict with dissert deadlines (some apply a sliding scal but mine doesn't). Any type of advice is very much appreciated in advance.

H

You need to contact your university as soon as possible to check whether your submission was accepted. There is no point in guessing what may or may not happen based on people's experiences elsewhere.

T

sometimes they just give a 5% mark reduction for missed deadlines