To find an MA or MFA in Creative Writing anywhere that will accept my qualifications

S

Hi, I'm a Sri Lankan student currently studying for a 3 year General/Pass Degree. I have 13 years of formal schooling to addto that to make it 16 years. I want to find a good MA or MFA degree preferably in US or UK or even in SA, NZ, AUS that will consider my degree as a minimum requirement for the MFA. Most US unis i have emailed replied that they expect a 4 year honours degree. So what universities will consider me eligible for applying/

Additionally, i have completed TOEFL successfully. Can take GRE and IELETS too if needed.

thanks a lot

T

Glasgow. There is the MLitt and the MFA. One of these two courses has an open-door policy. Not sure which.

M

Or... you can do a bit of work on the topic you want to study (e.g. actively work in the field for let's say 3-4 years minimum) and then enrol into a MA after your work experience is taken into account.

M

Can you clarify if your general pass degree is a university degree please? Or it is a high-school / lyceum / college degree? In any case, there are ways you can do it in the UK. Timmy may be right, or consider my option if you like. I know of someone who started a masters in management in a UK university. He had finished college, had no BA but he had been working as a manager in the last 10 years. He was accepted at the Masters and got the degree with distinction.

S

Thanks for your info. Yes, it's a University general degree. And i don't have experience or can't wait more years to wait for it. Adiitionally the subjects i study i study for the degree are English, Communication studies and Sociology.

D

Are you planning to do your MA in other Asian regions like Singapore, Taiwan or Hong Kong? If you prefer the UK, I would recommend Lancaster University. Check out its website for details.