PostgraduateForum - new site feedback

Thanks for FAUJoel for considering for our feedback and so quickly adding the latest feature! I like the look and you have done a good job of it.

Although, I now feel I have given excessive feedback. Can other people look at my feedback (second top comment in this thread) and give their thoughts? Or even agree or disagree to certain points. I don't want to waste any of FAUJoel's time if my suggestions are crazy.

Hi all - A new update has been rolled out this morning which addresses some of the feedback we have received. The most notable change is the removal of sub-forums in favour of the single forum layout, in addition to a few other quality of life fixes too.

Feel free to share your thoughts, in the meantime we're still working on addressing the other feedback. :)

All the best,
Joel

T

I have just read all your points in more detail and I second them all - and it is great that the sub-forms are gone and it is easy access now. By the way, you have an incredible memory... I cannot remember the preview of a thread being shown in addition to the title. In fact, I cannot remember the old forum at all - except that it had a darker background, there was less white space (and less need for vigorous down scrolling), and the text was easier to read as you mentioned.

Have a great day all! :-)

Hi Joel, Thanks for making the sub forum change. I think that was the biggest shock to us and I am so glad the

Tudor_queen, I started writing that post right after the change so everything was still fresh. The old forum is now is a faded memory now for me LOL. Thanks for reading it, I was a bit sleep deprived at the time.

T

If changes are still being made could we have the font in bold, both on the main page and inside the threads? I really struggle to see this without zooming in a lot. Sorry and no worries if you are no longer accepting feedback!

With me finished long ago, I only pop by once in a blue moon.

My feedback includes:

1) No options to insert emojis / emoticons as you have on other forums. That said, you only need basic emojis / emoticons (happy, sad, etc.) and not the huge sets that other forums have.

2) A image insert / display option would be nice for basic examples of problems or information sharing. Again, keep this basic and full on media sharing is probably not necessary given the nature of the forum.

3) Font, bold, italic and underline options would be nice to have too.

Cheers,

Ian

Hi all, me again.

We've just pushed another update that should address some of the feedback regarding visual styling.

Cheers,
Joel