Anyone in London? Can't believe the news at the moment

C

Hmm well then I'd sneak (excuse the pun) a smoke alarm in when they were out! Welll ok I probably wouldn't really! but I'd think about it! :p

I already did, but it was found :$ and there was a lot of 'I don't know why you want that, we've got one already' its a massive 10 bedroom house and the existing alarm is literally in a cupboard where no fire (not even electrical) would ever start AND you'd never hear it anyway! Oh well, I'm doomed to either die of smoke inhalation, procrastination or PhD-fever

D

10 Bedrooms? That's not a house it's a mansion!!!

That's crazy! I'd insist on the smoke alarm - who cares whether they think it's needed, you're the one living there!

======= Date Modified 11 Aug 2011 15:36:38 =======
its big, but I wouldn't buy a place like that (if I could lol) - location is not great, hence the riots lol. I'd much rather have a smaller house and 40 acres of land around it :p

I'll just go and win the lottery and I'll be able to sort it out!

I have just applied for a lectureship near our house - if I get that then we won't have to go there past september wooooo!

======= Date Modified 11 Aug 2011 22:25:42 =======
======= Date Modified 11 Aug 2011 22:24:40 =======
Yes Caitlin Falkener Square has been quite a professional, arty area for a while now. Although years ago it used to be the red light district. Where you a student in the city? Glad you had a good time here. X

It's quite odd that the 2011 riots didn't happen in the most deprived areas of Liverpool, rather, they took place at the scenes of the early 80s skirmishes in the South-central area. Things have changed a lot since then and now North Liverpool outskirts are the roughest end, not Toxteth (sorry any North end Scousers). It's where the gang activity is. In fact there was a fatal gang-land shooting on the night of the 2011 riots in the North, which got lost in the news because of the 'copy-cat' conflicts in the South. Makes me wonder.