Belford, smelford! This bad boy's reaching for the sky!

W

LWell, I'm not one to show off, but I just though I'd let all you forumites know that I'm doing a second PhD at the esteemed University of Phoenix. I got myself listed as a potential candidate on the course about 5 minutes ago, in the space of 10 minutes. Qualifications, you ask? Pah! Life experience, mate! It's very funny actually. I've listed the transcript below.

Linda: Hello, my name is Linda. Thank you for your interest inthe University of Phoenix. What degree program are you interested inpursuing?
me: I'm wondering what qualifications I would need to get a PhD, please Linda?
I have a young family and 6 dogs, so a pretty hectic life - as you can imagine.
Linda: The purpose of this chat is to quickly and efficientlyhelp students and potential students reach the correct counselor ordepartment for their needs.
me: That sounds swell. Thank you.
Linda: What program are you interested in pursuing a Doctorate in?
me: I would like to do a doctorate in popular culture, maybe the press.
Linda: In what state do you currently reside?
me: I'm in Winnipeg [I've given her the number to Krispy Kreme headquarters in Canada], so I hope I can do the doctorate online.
Linda: Our Doctoral degrees are only offered online.
Do you have your Master's Degree?
me: Goodin that case. I have no Masters or Undergrad, so I'm hoping it won't bea big problem. I have life experience and like reading in my own time,though.
Linda: Have you attended more or less than 2 years of college or University?
me: Unfortunately not, but I am very bright. I've helped my friends with their assignments. I'm also very committed and focused.
I'm real good at sudoku and word searches. I have a lot of enthusiasm.
Linda: Do you have less than 2 years or not attended at all?
me: I have never attended. But I'm in a position where I can afford to do a doctorate.
Linda: Itsounds like you would be a great fit for our doctoral program. I'll forwardyour information to a counselor for follow up. When is the best day,time, and phone number for the counselor to reach you?
me: Monday would be cool with me.
Linda: Great! I'll schedule a call for Monday at 4:00pm at the number you provided above.
me: Linda, can I ask? Is a lot of work involved, or will I have time to chill in between?
Linda: Withour online learning format, you attend class online when and where youchoose.
The counselor can provide you with additional details.
me: How long does it take to get a doctorate at Pheonix? Could I be done in a couple of years with some hard work?
Linda: Thetime it takes to complete your degree program will vary. The durationof your program depends on several factors, including transfer creditsand potential breaks taken in between courses.
me: So, it would be possible in theory?
Linda: If you progress well, you can complete very quickly.The counselor will discuss this with you.

So, looks like I'm going to be Dr-Dr in next to know time. Back of the net!

D

Oh, I can't type straight I'm laughing so hard.

Maybe you could go and lecture at Belford with such honoured qualifications?

lol. Probably not you, but the guy working at the Krispy Kreme in Winnipeg will definitely get a PhD within the next few months.

A

lol Wally! How you make me laugh! I think you should do it anyway, as a social experiment of course! Then you can be right up there with the likes of the talented Gillain McKeith, imagine that! Never mind the VIP 4* forum here, you'd need your own website for that kind of prestige.... ;-)

S

omg...... lmao - GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol lol lol lol - that is just too funny :-) I bow to your greatness and amazing talents - we're just not worthy here to talk to you any longer, you blind us with your brilliance - I have to turn down the brightness on the screen just to read your posts :p
I just so want to be a fly on the wall when the number you gave gets a call - lucky them :-)