Bloody cold calling salesmen

J

I'm being bombarded with calls on my mobile from a Welsh firm trying to get me to change my contract - how many times do I have to tell them to bugger off and stop calling me (insert angry face here)...as if I would ever buy anything from someone approaching me in such an annoying way

I was actually looking for a form I've seen on the gov site to report this kind of calls. I'll post it here if I can find again. In the meantime, there might be a link from this document:

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/introductory/unwanted_marketing_guidance_oct_06.pdf

J

Thanks 404; I had heard that you could block them but wasn't sure how. Let me know what else you find!

J

Thanks 404; I had heard that you could block them but wasn't sure how. Let me know what else you find!

J

J

Oops, don't know why that happened. Kept getting flashing message saying "Scan completed in child window". What's that mean?

H

you are a child?

I know how you feel juno, past couple of weeks I've refused to pick up my land line as this marketing company keeps calling me "we aren't trying to sell you anything" and to be frank, I don't want to spend 20 mins on the fone answering their rubbish questions.

do you ever get those Stephen Hawking-like cold calling machine calls? I hate them. Apparently they are illegal too.

F

Can you use telephone preference for mobiles, like you can land lines to stop junk calls?

J

I've had Stephen Hawking calling me trying to sell me cheap transatlantic flights. Worst thing is thye block your phone line so no-one else can get through till he's finished.

that's annoying juno, I haven't noticed that. I receive those calls every other day. I put the phone down as soon as I hear the machine talking. 1471 gives a return phone number (I jotted down but lost it). I will report them next time they call. It gets so annoying.

And an adventure gift company printed our telephone number on their hundreds of letters by mistake, we keep receiving phone calls from their customers trying to change their balloon trip's date or booking one more paragliding experience etc.

T

Could you do me a balloon flight sometime around the weekend of the 24th/25th of March?

S

Depends who is calling. If it's one of those Dutch lottery winning things then I put the receiver on the desk and leave them to go through their recorded message, all the time costing them for the phone call.

If it's some poor mug in a call centre (probably me in 2.5 years time), I quickly say "thanks but no thanks" and put the phone down. You are doing the person a favour anyway as they can then at least move on to the next person.

lol thecoastman .

Unfortunately we had to cancel our balloon experience schedule, due to hot-air shortage. But we are waiting for delivery from far-east by May . Would you be interested in a sky-jumping experience instead? Your money back if you don't survive.

J

My old number was one digit different from the local taxi firm. I used to get assorted pissheads calling at 3am asking to be picked up from Brannigans. Once my (drunk) dad called asking for a taxi; when I told him it was me, I heard a mumbled swear-word and then he asked me to call him a taxi anyway.