chris...[don't want to add more words]

S

a magpie has died outside my window. I kid you not. I climbed out (window is actually below ground level - too complicated to explain the exact layout) and covered it with a box.

S

S

Now that the last post wins thread has passed 1,000, her life has been fulfilled.

S

Erm, I seem to having a few technical problems here. The post was supposed to have been on the where is DJW thread. Perhaps there's some meaning in this...

S

Well, that certainly wasn't the reply I was expecting?!

P

Sue - I understand that this might have been rather an alarming start to the day juju wise - poor you.

Please don't ask me how I know this factoid but Magpies are like swans and pair for life, so you should dispose of it a.s.a.p as the mate will come looking and do nasty pecking stuff and other magpies will gather.

After I have done my double dutch I am going to throw you out a few Om Shanti's & do some remote reike work on you - which should clear your energy and sort the vibes out.

S

According to my ex, it's bad luck to see a magpie without its mate.

S

Oh no, I'm turning into one of those people who go on YouTube and post those silly good luck/bad luck messages.

P

Sue how are things today? No frogs raining from the sky or anything?

S

It actually arrived late afternoon the day before yesterday (although I didn't see it happening). I haven't moved it I know if I'm going to I should do it soon, but nothing nasty seems to be happening. It's really quite well hidden (not by the box - by a wall and the fact that it's below ground) - I'm probably the only person who's seen it.
I know that magpies mate for life, but hadn't thought about that until you mentioned it - I just hope this one didn't have a mate.
I'm not too traumatised by the whole thing - probably because I didn't see it happen. Was more distraught when I saw (at intervals) a live, then dead, then eaten-by-seagulls baby pigeon.

H

maybe it had bird flu

how close did you get?

S

What? the pigeon or the magpie? The pigeon was months ago and I did worry about that at the time (stupid media), the magpie's still outside my window.

H

the magpie

C

magpie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! My brother had a starling that died in the gutter outside his wondow whilst dad was in Africa. It was the height or summer and we could watch it decay but my brother couldn't open the window!

hah! lol