Confess your daily food intake and exercise regime

J

I think I'm going to hang my favourite (and slightly too tight) outfit on display in my flat; preferably in the kitchen. An incentive.

W

hey, thanks lara and scienceishard,

I have started off ok-ish today, I had some cereal (wholewheat is good according to the adverts), however I did put a wee touch of sugar on top, oops :$. Also have had one cup of tea and some fruit juice, I know I'm having last nights left over homemade lasagne for lunch (and I put less cheese in than I used too), and I have yoga tonight. So far a good day!

lol at Juno, I think if I hung my favourite slightly too tight outfit in the kitchen I'd only get depressed and comfort eat to get rid of the pain!!!!!

O

Quote From juno:

I've not done too well this week; although I don't generally eat takaways I've been lured by the vending machines into buying KitKats several times. It's this cold weather! Especially when you realise you'll be staying late and your'e hungry and the only option is the vending machine, and they don't vend salads.

This is my biggest gripe. Sometimes I am starving and its too far to walk to get food, or its raining or I just cannot be bothered and left with whatever is available in vending machines. Why couldnt they put at least some semi healthy choices in vending machines? It doesnt all have to be crap.
:-s:-s:-s Sadly the vending machine that had triple chocolate slice has been replaced with something that seems to specialize in nothing but oddly flavoured crisp packets, like shrimp and sea salt, and margarita and sea salt, and black peppercorn and sea salt......yuk.

L

Juno, I concur, i havent done well at all this week, and have gained a lb!! i blame all that cheese and crackers i ate on tuesday and wednesday.

i've got granary bread and low fat cheese spread now in the fridge. so no more full fat cheese for me! and no more oreo cookies or ritz crackers or crisps!!

so far today, i have drank 1/2 litre of water. and i am drinking pepermint tea with abit of honey and splash of honey. and i did 1 minute on the rebounder.

my menu for today will be:

fruit salad for breakfast.
lunch - salad with tuna flakes with balsamic/lemon drizzle. with 1 granary bread slice with low fat cream cheese
dinner - chicken and vegetables.
snack - handful of almonds

and bouncing throughout the day.

no junk food today!:-s

i will report back later on tonight, to confess what i *actually* ate. good luck everyone with your healthy eating choices and exercise today!!

sunday is my *day off* i am going to a wedding, so will eat whatever they serve!

J

That's so true. In Amsterdam you get machines vending proper food; why can't we do it? And definitely with you on the odd-flavoured crisps issue. To my mind, there are only three acceptable crisps flavours:

In order of preference -

1. Cheese and onion
2. Prawn cocktail
3. Salt and vinegar.

You can keep yer Thai Green Curry crisps: it just doesn't work.

J

Lara, this looks like being a week off for me! I'm so good at excuses. I'm writing an article so I need brainfood; I'm working late so I need energy. What is it with me?!

L

awww don't be so hard on yourself Juno, it takes time to make changes. i read somewhere, that the best way is to make one small change a week, and get used to it. for me, it was not putting magarine on bread.
so just pick one thing and give it a go!

J

Good idea; so change one thing a week and soon I'll be healthy again.

Could try not having an afternoon vending machine trip!

E

I am very clever *coughs* with the weight thing. The trick is, I don't keep anything naughty in the house. If I want chocolate or some delicious cheesecake, I figure that I'll have to walk to the supermarket to get it. That way, I earn my treat. Trouble is, I end up dumping my lardy arse in the car instead and, because I've held out for so long (deliberating - should I, shouldn't I), I end up buying a massive 'to share' bar of Dairy Milk AND the biggest ready to eat cheesecake there is. I often ask myself, who really shares their 'to share' sized bars? As for fun-size, what's so fun about something so darned small that it's gone in one? That used to be a party trick as a kid - who can shove the most marshmallows in their mouth and say 'fluffy bunnies'. Maybe I could play it with 'fun-size' Snickers instead. Hmmmm, if I drive to Tesco now, I wonder how many fun-size Snickers can I do in one. Perhaps in the name of science I should...

S

not a v good start today - had a hot chocolate with sugar :-( (justification: its freezing in my office, and as i don't drink tea or coffee only hot choc would do to warm me up!), but i balanced this out by nibbling on dried fruit instead of my usual chocolate and crisps binge! going to have a fairly healthy bagel with low fat cream cheese for lunch and something healthy for dinner hopefully! was v good yesterday and managed to get to the gym so overall not too bad.....

S

maybe i could convince my supervisor that we need a mini trampoline in the office, which would kill two birds with one stone - i could do some exercise AND keep warm at the same time?!

L

Thats the spirit Juno! :-)

and LOL at Earlydays and Smoobles messages, hahahaha :-)

Earlydays, i totally agree, i dont share my chocolate with anyone!! i could eat bars and bars of the stuff easily. but like you, i dont keep it in the house, if its in the house, i will eat it ! i have no willpower at all. why cant chocolate be good for you. why are all the yummy foods in the world bad for you!! so unfair. i wished we lived in a world where chocolate was healthy and good for you and you could eat it and it didnt make you fat or anything. that would be my ideal world hehehe. to eat whatever i wanted without worrying about health risks. like those lands ontop of the faraway tree.

Smoobles, lol at mini trampoline idea. i love hot chocolate too, with marshmallows, yum. sounds like you had a healthy lunch, so i wouldnt worry too much about the indulgence. as they say as long as you're healthy 80% of the time!
--

well this was my first day of my "healthy diet".
my food intake:
breakfast - 1/2 litre of water + peppermint tea with honey and splash of lemon juice. tommorow i will cut out the honey and see if it tastes okay.
mid morning snack - i had fruit. apricot, strawberries, banana.
lunch - salad and tuna and granary toast with extra light cream cheese.
dinner was chicken with vegetables and salad.
dessert - 2 dates and 8 almonds and 2 pistacious.

total water intake 1 and half litre. i can only drink water with a straw. i am the worst when it comes to drinking water, but concsiously making myself drink water.

see you tommorow folks. all this talk of chocolate, has given me a craving. but no, i have alot of weight to lose, so must stay strong!!!

O

Its said that eating protein fills you up more ( and probably with less calories) for longer than eating other things--so for instance Lara's meal of fried eggs is not an unhealthy one, its a good source of lean protein and probably kept her feeling more full for longer than a meal of toast, or crisps! I try to eat healthy, but sometimes very long days and limited access to food alternatives ruin the plan! And eating an evening meal late at night, well, usually after 9, is of course a dieting no no, but so be it. I have started bringing a protein canned drink to my office at the uni for a lunch or late morning snack, depending how hungry I am. I wish I could find a low sugar one! There is probably one at the far away grocery store that is about a 50 minute round trip walk ( yes that would be healthy.......maybe a trek this weekend!). Sometimes, instead of worrying about what is healthy, I am just worried about having ANYTHING on hand to eat, that seems like it can be a huge challenge! I am trying to keep fresh fruit and some raw veggies in my office, currently bananas and carrots. And I got a huge tub of fresh strawberries I must eat before they go off!

O

======= Date Modified 10 Oct 2008 09:49:25 =======
PS

Lara, I think honey is meant to have some healthy aspects--I have read it has some compound that helps fight off colds.
Some years ago I had a horrible ear infection, which besides being painful, left me weak and dizzy for 2 or 3 weeks, literally unable to get out of bed! The only food I craved this whole time was toast with gobs of honey, lots and lots and lots of honey--and later I learned that honey was supposed to provide some natural defense against the cause of the ear infection. No idea how true that is, honey is not normally something I crave or eat, but I must have eaten it by the gallon when I had the ear infection!

W

Morning everyone,

Well I finished off yesterady kinda badly, I went bread crazy..... following my lasagne, I had two pieces of toast (granary bread) two pieces of wheaten bread and two pancakes. Two cups of tea (one green one normal) and 2 yogurts and some grapes.
can you tell I hadn't had bread for a few days.....

on teh other hand I did do an hour of yoga although it wasn't very aerobic (like the ashtanga I normally do), but I'll take whatever course the uni has on!

And echo's on the honey front, my Dad swears by it! So I wouldn't worry too much about that.

P.S a mini trampoline sounds like so much fun, my nephews have a big one in their garden and it never stops being fun! and it puffs me out no end!