Confess your daily food intake and exercise regime

M

Olivia, you're right about honey. It has very good health benefits, and Lara should leave it in the tea (as a treat!). It's only 22 calories per teaspoon. I'm currently using it as a substitute for butter/marg...so I have two pieces of brown bread with honey.

Apparently honey has all sorts of health benefits...although I'm only really aware of it being good as a soothing treatment for colds/flus, and helping to reduce hayfever (apparently in the latter case the honey must be locally sourced...something to do desensitising one's self to local pollen).

I nearly fell of the diet wagon when I saw that Cadbury has re-released the Whispa bar...oh the temptation.

S

Wispa was my favourite chocolate bar when I was little, so as soon as I saw them in a shop, I bought 8! It was instinct as I'm so afraid they will take it away again. I find it so hard to eat a savoury meal without something sweet at the end, so my diet is not going great.:-(

S

just wanted to add that I didn't eat all 8 in one go!!!:p

R

Scienceishard, I am the exact same... sometimes either a handful of raisins or one of those options hot chocolates does the trick!

S

Oh Rosy thats actually a great idea. Options hot chocolate would kill 2 birds with 1 stone as I love sweet stuff but I also like comfort food and drink, so that would be perfect in these chilly months. I managed to avoid my favourite stodgy pasta for lunch in favour of a salad sandwich on wholemeal brown bread today. The problem is that I know I'll get bored. I also have problems managing to drink enough water during the day too as I work in a lab (no food and drink) so I'm so busy that I forget to go and get some water. I've started setting a timer to remind me to drink some water. Sounds silly but its working for the time being. Lets hope it helps me lose some weight!

J

I have heard that dark chocolate is better: because it has more cocoa per gram, you don't need to eat as much to get the chocolate kick.

S

hiya guys - i'm BACK!!!
i had no internet since i moved to london, that's thankfully been sorted out now :-) since i moved here 3 weeks ago i have resisted severe temptation in the form of pork pies, pasties, christmas pudding, apple/mince pies, cheddar, chocolate oranges etc and also have been walking around london for hours each day. i've lost 3 kilos in three weeks - only 6 more kilos to go now! am very pleased... it is totally doable till christmas if i keep away from the english culinary delights i haven't had for so long and keep up with the sight-seeing/walking around london.

ps: got a distinction in my MA - very pleased! have been slumming around since my last exam on 11th september, but now have to start work on the new MA again...

H

Quote From juno:

I have heard that dark chocolate is better: because it has more cocoa per gram, you don't need to eat as much to get the chocolate kick.

I agree with this, a normal size bar of say Green & Blacks 70% will last me over a week as I will eat a one or two small squares a day and feel that is enough. A milk choc bar of the same will last than a day.

8-)