Confessions of a PhD student...

M

Quote From magictime:

I think Cleverclogs may be beginning to integrate into society. Someone just accused him of having an IQ of only 160 and he didn't correct them.

Oh I don't know. I think it's the first sign of moral decay setting in. :(

P

Confessions.

1. I am like Eska in terms of washing up. Sorry, but true. Could be worse even in times of pressure.
2. I leave dirty pots and pans out there for eternity, for I *hate* running water.
3. I need to sleep with my head on the red striped side of the pillow and not the white and red.
4. I need to refresh my inbox at a frequency that I shall not disclose in public.
5. I begin every second sentence I speak (and hence write) with a 'So' or 'Ok'
6. I speak so fast that sometimes not only can others not understand me but I scare myself at the incomprehenibility of it all.

7. I cannot disconect the email till 2 secs before I leave the house. So dress, pack, bag on back, lights, taps, check email, disconeect internet, rush out of the door.

H

I tried to cheat in my A level politics exam by...wait for it...you know how you get those yellow and black striped pencils? Using a black pen to write key dates and names on the yellow stripes in tiiiiiiiny letters. It all rubbed off on my hand in the exam, and then onto my face. Proving me to be an idiot on so many levels. Still got an A, though.

Wal, I believe your Kevin Spacey-related disgust was aimed at me. Well, have I got some more inappropriate crushes for you: Ian Hislop, The lad who plays Draco Malfoy in the harry potter films (including when he was, like, 12 years old), Richard Armitage (especially in North and South...I just love those stove-pipe hats :p ), Alan Rickman (there's a Harry Potter theme here) and, probably worst of all, Nick Hancock (remember him?)

My worst sin is probably googling other people in an obsessive, stalkerish manner. Really whiles away the hours.

Draco Malfoy? - his dad maybe, but only as lucious malfoy, no other part will do (I think its the evilness and the cane). Colin firth for me, but as I say, ONLY as Mr Darcy. Other odd crushes - james may haha, and like every lead male who has ever been in spooks. My strangest is probably boris johnson - I think its the hair ;-)

Don't have many confessions apart from the fact that I am a compulsive liar in front of my supervisor. I tell her I write thousands of words and then just give her the work I gave her 2 months ago, knowing that she never read it, so she can't say anything haha. Does mean I haven't done any work for a while and about twice a year it lands me in a load of trouble and late night panicking.

P

No, I think Draco-Lucius-Snape (actors I mean) are all positively sexy....

But not as 12 yr old Draco lol...

I found Cedric diggory (Cant remember names sorry) too goody goody.... but I quite liked one of the Voldemorts too...

Ok I'm clearly a slytherin and joining the dark side.

Give me a Harry Potter nudge in the morning and I shall sit down and write volumes.

Ok, shut up PhD bug and go attend the seminar.

M

I fancy my boyfriend's brother. M,x

J

I cried when I watched this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNv2A4Kfx4k and secretly wished I could have a lion of my own.

When I was little all I wanted to be was either a pirate, a clown or a singer (I even used to write my own songs), and I still kind of wish I was a pirate (not the somali kind... more the jack sparrow kind).

I love period drama's.

I think will ferrell is sexy in an ugly kind of way.

J

Quote From heifer:

My worst sin is probably googling other people in an obsessive, stalkerish manner. Really whiles away the hours.

I do this. Glad I'm not the only one.

Bug, I think that, apart from the speech and pillow things, we may be exactly the same person! 'I just hate running water', I love it! If I ever co-habitate I'll get a doctor's note that says just this: clearly it's an allergy that needs to be treated seriously and I shouldn't be subjected to such trauma. Unless, of course, it's a lovely hot bubble bath.

I have a major thing about Ricky Gervais - especially before he lost the weight. Again, not too sure how the reality would pan out. I also fancy Stephen Fry - a totally and utterly inappropriate crush, in so many ways.

I have found a couple of friends' boyfriends attractive on first meeting, and have genuinely felt uncomfortable about this, but thankfully, it passed when I got to know them - the fancying thing, not the uncomfortableness.

C

All the software I use for my PhD came from torrents. :$ I promised myself to start paying for them once I get a job....

S

Well I two timed - I did the dirty on Andy Pandy when I discovered Dougal from the Magic Roundabout - my bad!!!! I also have an unfathomable crush on Simon Cowell - must be the power thing - and my crush on Colin Firth - ahhhh Mr Darcy - knows no bounds! My biggest shame was my total and utter adoration of Simon Le Bon - I was convinced that all I had to do was meet him and he'd fall in love with my 14 year old self. When he married the bi*ch I locked myself in my room and cried for 3 days - totally inconsolable - my parents had to ring my best friend (lucky cow - John Taylor wasn't hitched then) and get her to come down and try and talk me round - utter heartbreak. Hmmmm.... I too am a horror for washing up - the mess in my kitchen is a sight to behold - its dreadful - I really should do it more often

C

Seeing as this is anonymous, I shall disclose a list of my guilty pleasures, in no particular order, in the hope that heaven may judge me somewhat better for it (not)

1. I like listening to country music

2. I frequently enjoy the smell of my own flatulence

3. I have been known to fancy my friends girlfriends, on more than one occasion

4. I enjoy watching Arsenal

5. I regularly keep an eye out for attractive young female undergraduates in practical classes I happen to help out in, although i do feel bad afterwards, and don't think it affects the quality of my teaching

6. I would'nt reveal any of this without full anonymity

I think you have just described yourself as the average male cakeman!

H

Now that Cakeman has scraped the bottom of the barrel with his country music-loving, I guess I could admit to playing Farmville on facebook pretty much constantly. In fact my boss came in this morning while i was "harvesting" some artichokes...

P

well - I guess you all know my secret! I really fancy my supervisor. But apart from that...
I love the smell of my own farts too :-) OMG I am laughing so much as I type this !