Did anyone else put on weight, or was it just me???

P

I am guessing about 4kg in 3 weeks. Gosh, it was heavenly though!

Time to hit the treadmill methinks.

P

even though my fella & I ate and drank almost the same ammount he's gained 4lbs where as I am the same - must have been all the stress. However - we're both off to the gym this afternoon.

J

About 4lb after staying at my mother's; and haven't dared weigh myself after staying at my father's. Mind you about 2lb of that is probably constipation: I haven't seen a fresh vegetable for 2 weeks.

Hope cycling to uni again will shift it (the weight, that is).

K

According to the metro (the source of all my knowledge) the average person is 5lbs heavier after Christmas so you're not alone!

D

Absolutely feel about 3 stone fatter. Going circuit training tonight, then eating soup for a week

D

Vegan Christmas roast was lovely though

T

You are def not alone..

Gym and lettuce for me.. My jeans are definitely a bit tighter now lol

P

pea, if you are a former catwalk model, does that mean you can eat anything you want and not put on weight...or is that a gross generalisation and common misconception about skinny models?

P

Alas Piglet if only. When I was 17 ( & modeling) I was a waif, but completely abused my body - eating crap, binge drinking, smoking, drugs, the whole shabang. But aged 31 it seems like the life of a different person & lets face it was a loooooong looong time ago.
I am really pathetic these days, sick if I so much as smell a tequilla shot.
I am quite lucky though, because I actually enjoy exercise & eating healthy food, especially my greens & I make myself a fresh juice or smoothie everyday. I think I am quite normal for my age and height, where as a few of my friends who work in fashion are still so skinny and do mental detoxes and fasting to keep up with tiny 19 year olds & I think it makes them though more haggard actually. Nothing wrong with a bit of meat on an woman as she enters her middle age.

J

My jeans are still falling down after xmas

I

Maybe you could find a nice belt in the sales Jen

J

I have loads of belts but I couldn't find one the other day. Luckily for everyone I have now found one

H

My backside is still ever expanding....

A

Miraculously, I managed not to put on any weight over Christmas but I was keeping an eye on what I ate and went to gym a lot the week before! I'm certainly not one of those people who can eat anything and not put on weight (do they even exist? If so, they probably smoke (increases metabolic rate) and fidget a lot...and they certainly aren't in their 30s!!)

P

I agree Ann. I think even if one has been previously slim or slight through your 20's when you reach your 30's you do have to be a bit more careful what you eat. I also went through this mysterious change where I lost the albility to lie in bed or sleep in properly. I am always awake , even at the weekends by 9ish latest. The crows feet are slowly creeping in and ..egads..had to purchase my first pot of eye cream the other day