Distractions of Dick van Dyke

L

Has anyone noticed how annoying it can be to work in front of the tv. Now I enjoy working in front of the tv, mainly because it adds a bit of nice background noise and means that you can work all day but it doesn,t feel like you have been shut up in an office working all day. The downside of the old tv lark has got to be the fact that you start a schedule of programmes which everyday get watched.
we start with
9.00 The Wright Stuff
10.30 This Morning
12.30 Loose Women
1.30 News
2.15 Diagnosis Murder
3.00 Murder she Wrote
3.45 Eggheads
5.00 Paul O'Grady
6.00 The Simpsons
etc etc
You see what I mean-its a sickness!!! But at least it gets me something on in the background whist I work!
Does anyone else have any odd working habits?

R

Lunchtime murder mysteries for me whenever I'm working at home, otherwise I don't switch it on! It's Diagnosis Murder at the moment, now that dark haired medic has gone and I haven't seen this particular lot of repeats. Also maybe a bit of Jessica Fletcher if I'm feeling lethargic, but the clothes are a bit too 80s for my liking - I'm not a fan of big shoulder pads and rigid backcombed normal person's hair (if they were big haired goths it would be ok, but that's not very likely in Cabot Cove!). But I do wish it was early Ironside... *sigh* ... such brilliant sixties clothes and themes, murderous flower children, pretend beatniks, drug crazed psycho-hippies, Black Power storylines, shocking variety of 'deviant' delinquent youth situations, interesting vans with gadgets and some lovely cars. PhD lunchbreaks from heaven!!

L

Ah but now if only they would bring back Father Dowling Mysteries.... that would be excellent. Having a late lunch break making some supernoodles, watching Cleopatra, wondering if I could get away with that eyemakeup.
On a bonus though, 2,000 words done today already so I merit some dalliance. Woo for Ironside btw esp the themetune!

Wright stuff is a must when working from home! This morning - ONLY when phillip and Fern are on. I hate EAMON homes and his rubbish wife! :-s I used to watch loose women, but began to think they do a real disservice to us women folk - they just witter on and do the stupid "i'm a girl so I wouldn't know about that" thing. Egg heads (and the new one where they select an egghead!!) and then I watch downloaded stuff like Eli Stone from the US and Dexter.

R

Oh yes, the Father Dowling nun was in DM today, wasn't she! Her dad in real life was Ricky Nelson, the singer who got famous in the 1950s whose songs the Cramps do sometimes! If it's the Elizabeth Taylor 'Cleopatra', she is wonderful in it but I'd never try that eyemakeup myself, would look funny on me even in modified form, I'm more of a lipstick person really. You could give it a go if it's just you and the supernoodles and see how it turns out!!

music makes better background noise ;-)

L

Yes sister steve was indeed in DM today. Worryingly I seem to have seen all of this seasons loop of repeats so I get the smug satisfaction of knowing who did it.