Do you know anyone in Newcastle or are you in Newcastle? Help! I'm doing research there. £10 voucher for all who take part.

B

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for participants to do a one hour guided walk study around Newcastle City Centre.

The study is looking at peoples opinions of nightlife in the city - especially lap-dancing clubs.

Take up has been really poor in Newcastle. It only takes one hour and you will receive a £10 shopping voucher. If you are interested could you please email me at [email protected] ?

The guided walk will be taking place from 18:00-19:00 on Wednesday 10th October.

Please share around anyone you know who lives in Newcastle!

Thanks so much.

Billie

I suggest this is the wrong place to ask the above. You might want to try some of the Sunderland (Sunderland Message Board)and Newcastle (Talk of the Tyne) football forums. You may get an interesting audience though.

I know of the lap dance bars in Newcastle (For Your Eyes Only, Blue Velvet, Some Like it Hot, etc.), however, they're not places I've ever wanted to go in. The whole scene basically adds up as men handing over money for some degree of sexual stimulus (implying a lesser degree of prostitution). That said, I know a tale of one lad who ended up fancying one of the girls and over two nights he handed over an entire months wages in order to get her to notice him. He got rebuffed.

There were protests up here by women's groups to begin with against them as it was seen as denegrating women to the status of sex objects, however, if you see Newcastle (or any major city on a Friday or Saturday night) then it's all really a moot point as whatever you want is available for free anyway. I'll be honest that as soon as there's a bit beer in my system, my own eyes end up on stalks anyway on a night out. :-)

The girls working in the lap dance bars at least in Newcastle included a large number of students who because of the money they were getting off the punters, were managing to leave University with zero debt and a very healthy bank balance.

So the question has to be who was screwing who, figuratively speaking?

Ian (Mackem_Beefy)

B

Thank you very much for the forum suggestions - I'll try and spread the word there!

Quote From billiesushilover:

Thank you very much for the forum suggestions - I'll try and spread the word there!

I might be able to help spread the word on one of those forums (the Sunderland Message Board), but I would not use your Uni. e-mail address. Set up a temporary one on Google, Hotmail or Yahoo first and I'll post on your behalf.

Expect to have the p*ss royally taken out of you though.

Ian (Mackem_Beefy)

B

All in the name of research!

So far I've only got one person signed up for the 10th October walk. For info, the study isn't for/against lap-dancing and hasn't been designed to be biased. It's purely to gather opinions.

No problem using my work email. I appreciate your help.

B

P

I will send an email out to all of our tenants and I'm sure you will get something back especially when there is a cash incentive.
Regards
Paul
www.jesmondstudenthouse.co.uk

B

Thank you Paul!

======= Date Modified 10 Sep 2012 20:44:10 =======
Oh hec, I forgot about this.

I'll get something stuck up on the other forum I was on about.

Ian (Mackem_Beefy)

Done - Charmless, don't you dare identify me!!! :-)

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?p=13415919#post13415919

Ian (Mackem_Beefy)

B

Thank you. I will be travelling from London to do this and it would be great to have as many participants as possible.

======= Date Modified 11 Sep 2012 08:25:36 =======
The mods over there have deleted the message. Although I said it was serious, it appears they have viewed it otherwise.

I'll get one of the mods there onside and try again.

Ian (Mackem_Beefy)