Dodgey Christmas gifts!

P

I actually did very well this year, but traditionally I always receive quite random gear and am told I am hard to buy for, because I never specify. One year when I was a kid my parents bought me a pet bunny & by chance my auntie purchased me a pair of real rabit fur ear muffs - ewwwww, I'd rather go naked and all that. The rabit turned grew into a giant and was really agressive when she was in season -even went for my cat once. Then there was the gift pack muli coloured pop-sock selection - I mean, the words mustard & popsox should never even exist. I bought someone the 24 dvd game this year which is just about the lamest game I have ever played. I am gutted my other boyfriend Kiefer Sunderland has put his name to it.
Did anyone get any humdingers this year.

C

I got a leather handbag and a bright green leather filofax from my mum.

I know I should be greatful, but... I really don't need a leather handbag to take to uni (which is what she bought it for). It doesn't even fit my lab book in it, or my lunch! My rucksack is so much more useful for that...

Same goes for the filofax. I prefer my much cheaper black diary from whsmith....

J

I got a teddy bear that is also a radio of my boyfriends nan. It wouldn't work so my boyfriend tried messing with it and there was a blue flash and the small of burning. I'm a bit scared of it now!

P

LOL at Jen - a radio teddy bear is EXACTLY the sort of thing my Nan would get me.

J

It was a nice thought and I probably would have used it but now I think its a bit creepy. I hate dolls and stuff that talk.

For my birthday this year one of my friends got me a plastic clock in the shape of a person. That didn't work either. He has a thing about the pound shop, I think he did his shopping there!

T

I did OK this year.. But one year when I was about 14/15 I was given a cast iron door stop.. Its every teenage boy's dream present!

D

Did ok this year as well, alltho one slightly creepy gift! Because of my PhD subject one gift off my mum was a foot tall figure of a witch, complete with broomstick and pumpkin!! Currently sitting on top of the TV, gonna take it into the office tomorrow, should really unnerve one of the guys in my office, but then he winged when myself and a friend wanted a poster of Daniel Craig up, so serves him right!

I

I don't get many prezzies at Christmas (but have to spend a FORTUNE - we mostly 'buy for the kids' in the family). Still, quality over quantity eh? Really enjoyed using my tickets for ice-skating followed by Swan Lake at the Bridgewater last night - excellent

I

Pressed 'enter' by accident before I shared my best ever: a smoke alarm from my godfather...

H

I got a keyring for xmas