E-mail account deleted

P

I have a freeserve web e-mail which I have had for about 15 years. It was taken over by wanadoo and then orange. Because it's an old dial-up address it has to be reactivated every 290 days or something but I've always been notified of this and had no problems over the years. But now it has been deleted and Orange say 3,000 accounts were deleted by mistake and they are trying to fix the problem but it is now a week that I have been without e-mail. I know they did something like this in 2007 and just deleted loads of people's accounts and got into trouble. I've been told to just keep trying to log in but so far still no luck. I don't know what to do next. Because I don't pay for the account I suppose I don't have a leg to stand on. But such a lot of my life depends on e-mails and I could be missing job offers, freelance work, etc etc.

oh no! I hate email like that - I'm applying for jobs and I want to put my uni one on there - because 1/it looks like I may be employed not just a layabout and 2/looks better than hotmail etc.

but I'm scared I'll apply for a load of jobs and then miss the communication because uni decide to pull my email away from me. :$

P

I have two other e-mails. One is uni which like you I'm worried might also disappear as I'm only registered till July at the moment. I also have an e-mail for a job I'm doing but again now I have another job, I will be giving up the first one so the e-mail will end as well then. The only thing I can do I suppose is try to remember all the people who might possibly contact me through my freeserve e-mail and set up a new hotmail or something and e-mail everybody. But I don't have all their contacts.