FindAPhD Post It Notes

C

Quote From walminskipeasucker:

Right, I've been having a think about this and do you have to use references? And can you use quotations?

Hi Wally,

No, you don't need references!! You're welcome to use quotes if you want, but we don't need anything fancy - we just thought it might just be nice to have a few bits of advice on FindAPhD from current PhD people, that's all!

On another note, I'd just like to remind everyone that we didn't start this thread, and that we aren't advertising for free professional content/detailed articles in return for merch. You guys requested some FindAPhD branded stuff and unfortunately we don't have enough to give away free to everyone on the forum (the stuff we have is left-overs from previous events, etc). We therefore just came up with the "mini-article containing advice from current PhD candidates" idea to help us choose who to send the goodies to. We also thought having a bit of advice on the Students section of FindAPhD might be nice for prospective students using the site. Apologies if this has offended anyone - it was certainly not our intention :-(

Caz x

======= Date Modified 16 Jun 2010 10:23:06 =======
Yes, I like your FREE forum, wiht all the FREE advice we give out to eachother. And with its advertising which is clearly displayed and which clearly marks this out as a commercial concern. Since when has it been unnacceptable to respond honestly, or are we under orders to be happy about absolutely everything? I am just expressing my peronal opinion, as an individual, please don't be so offended by that, if you think this is all ok, then that's what, ideally, would matter most to you, not what I think. If there are things you don't want us to respond honestly, then please give us some sort of prior warning, but I think that would change the nature of the forum.

A

Remember to check out our twitter posts for pictures of stuff we have available

twitter.com/findaphd . You don't need to sign up or follow us to view these.

More stuff will be added over this week