First post! Hi all!!!!!

S

Hi all! I am new on the forum and in the country as well. I started a PhD here in October and I am absolutely loving it. Apart from the subject, the department and the whole environment, I am also very enthusiastic about a colleague, another PhD student who is in his final year:-) Has anyone here had a crush on someone working in the same office? In the beginning I didnt see him differently than any other guy in the department but its this last week I realised...

M

I am in love with someone on the forum, so I cant give any advice on colleague crashes!

P

Hi Sara. Glad to hear you are having such a great start to your PhD. Welcome to the forum. By the way, pea is not boring at all.

F

Hi Sara

Welcome to the forum, I am pretty new myself to be honest.

I am afraid I don't have any advice about having feelings for other colleagues as it has never happened to me. Hope it works out though!

Fluffymonster

J

Hi Sara!

Well, you timed it well: Christmas party season, mistletoe and all...should be easy to make your move

H

ooh Sara, go for it while you can (as he is a final year student), who knows what will happen

D

Hi Sara, welcome to this cool forum
Unfortunately I have a crush on someone I really shouldnt and its getting a bit awkward.

MARIA-Z, do share all

H

Please DJ, do not encourage her, she already thinks she is in love with Sylvester who is not even a real person.

S

Check out the postgrad life forum for lots of tales of crushes!

P

How is sylvester not real? Is there a big secret I don't know about?

H

Yes piglet! I think you are the last to know!

K

I don't know, I can't keep up!

S

That's right, I'm actually a computer-generated character who merely responds to PhD questions. I'm not real at all.