hair dye bottle question

S

hi everyone, Natassia are you around

I bought a box of Garnier hair dye and found the tip of the bottle containing the white solution already broken off! Fortunately, the tube containing the dye is unopened.

I can't go back to the store to exchange it because I've thrown away the receipt.

Obviously the box's been tilted (on the way home or by the person who broke off the tip) so there was some spillage on the tip of the cap.

But there is still a fair amount of white solution left.

Can I still use it? Or should I go to one of those hair-product supply shops and buy a bottle. What is the white stuff called?

thanks
love satchi

P

I wouldnt eat it, but would think its fine to use on your hair;-)

S

hi phdee
thanks for your reply
I was also wondering if exposure to air makes the white solution ineffective :-)
love satchi

N

Natassia is here...

I would just take it back as you're not going to have enough of the white solution as it's carefully measured out, also I think exposure to air wouldn't do it any good. The 'white stuff' is the colour developer but it comes in different strengths so it would be difficult to get the same strength that was in your bottle.

I think that they'll exchange it if you just apologise for throwing the receipt away - good luck! Nx

N

Natassia is here...

I would just take it back as you're not going to have enough of the white solution as it's carefully measured out, also I think exposure to air wouldn't do it any good. The 'white stuff' is the colour developer but it comes in different strengths so it would be difficult to get the same strength that was in your bottle.

I think that they'll exchange it if you just apologise for throwing the receipt away - good luck! Nx

S

hi natassia
thanks a lot. I'll go back to the store on monday and ask them.

love satchi

S

hi everyone
natassia are you here :-)
I went back to the store; the customer service lady looked at me as if I was crazy (sorry no exchanges without the receipt); as if I had opened the bottle tip myself! She did not even want to hear what I had to say. *sigh*

I got another box of garnier; and looked at the level of solution in the bottle, compared that with the previous one I bought. Half had gone (in the bottle with the broken-tip!)

this time I opened the new box and checked the tip.

Everything ok so I paid for it and now I'm waiting for the colour to set.
thanks again
love satchi