Has anyone ever used or come across

H

au nom de la rose (www.aunomdelarose.co.uk)

I

No, but my mum came round on Friday with a bunch of lovely yellow ones for me - I got stabbed several times by their pesky thorns when trying to arrange them, the nasty, viscious...

H

oh no!

I love roses!

I ordered from the website, it was the only one I could find that did 21 roses.

http://www.aunomdelarose.co.uk/picture.cgi?mid=1&cid=3&size=z_&cwsid=3370anrAC194304anr4069264

Quite reasonably priced I thought but will see how good their service is and whether the recipient gets them on the right day!

I

They look beautiful on the picture - and despite the (minor)injuries, I love roses too.

I got a gift last year where I was supposed to have had a rose named for me - a lovely thought, but a bit gimmicky... I got a packet of 'unique' seeds to grow - good job I only tried with half of them because not 1 germinated! It was october though.

I'll try again in May - fingers crossed (and bandaged!)

H

I can't wait until I get my own garden, at the moment I only have a balcony :(.

I feel sorry for my plants though, I often go away for weeks so they aren't always getting the best care. My money plant is flourishing , I need to take it home so I can repot it in a bigger pot and add more compost. I just ordered aloe vera plants as well, one for me and one for my grandma (as part of her mother's day gift).

F

Look on the bright side, H; you'd be very very unlucky to put your back out gardening on a balcony.

H

lol, thats true!

H

Well she got the roses. Took a pic with her phone and they did look nice but apparantly one particular type of rose had started to wilt already in the bouquet.

So not bad I guess, maybe better if you want to deliver within London as I think thats where they do the flowers from.