Has anyone read....?

H

A pale view of hills by Kazuo Ishiguro?

I read this a month or so ago and it really got me thinking. I think Ishiguro is a fantastic writer and really gets you to think about the plot and what is going on.

I have a few theories about this particular book. Anyone else read it and wants to comment?

C

I've read The Remains of the Day, and thought that was great, so I'll def have a look at A Pale View of the Hills...

S

I've read "Never let me go" which is a wonderful, terrible book. Indeed, it doesn't let you go!

So let's start a book club :-) I'll try to get my hands on A pale view of hills, too.

S

I've also read 'never let me go' on a plane journey that took about 14 hours so it did make me a bit miserable, but a good story. These days I'm reading 'Half of a yellow sun' and very gripping story where the author has not wasted any words which I saw a lot in Salmon Rushdie's shalimar the clown', which again was a goo story. (shouldn't be reading these I'm supposed to stick to my writing tasks;-)

P

I really liked Shalimar the Clown as well, also Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. The structure in CA seems a little gimmicky at first, but it's still a good story (/ies).