help me - birthday ideas

Sorry about being so OT. But I need to find a 21st birthday present.

The girl/lady/woman in question has just had her first baby. But I do not want to buy her anything baby related, for a start we already have and I reckon she'll be wanting something for her, not the baby.

But I feel so old, what do 21 year olds like??

I would say she's quite a home-town girl IYKWIM, never lived away from home etc.

J

Depends on your budget Could you (possibly by clubbing together with others if it is beyond your budget) get her something to pamper her - facial/spa day etc. I remember when I had jsut had my childrne something like that would have been really welcome (esp if you can babysit for her as well to take that worry off her hands). Or a basket of treats - pampering things, mini bottle champagne, chocolates, posh bubble bath etc (plus the baby sitting)

Great ideas, although I am NOT babysitting, there is no way I am responsible enough to do that until the thing can tell me what's wrong. I wouldn't even know where to begin. It would be nice to get a spa treat for her mum and her, but I don't know who'd look after the baby, as usually it would be her mum. She lives with the father, but, erm, not too sure if he is capable!

What complicates things is that she doesn't have a bath, just a shower.

I've looked at tiffany's - cos I thought you get a key at 21??? - well its way too expensive, so that's out!

Hi Sneaks, yeah, i'd go for some kind of pampering experience, like reflexology or a massage or something, but as you say it's the baby sitter situation then isn't it. Or some nice perfume, if you can find out what she likes? Or a meal out somewhere?

I don't know much about what 21 year olds like, apart from not doing essays or their own research, but I do know that mums like time off and time to themselves. My babied friends dreeaaam of afternoons wandering around the shops alone, or just going to the cinema. So something that supports that kind of experience.

oh, I've just realised her mother in law (well not official) can babysit. She isn't breastfeeding, so it can essentially be passed on to whoever's around at the time with some formula.

S

hi sneaks
so nice to see 5 stars on you :-) :-) :-)
you're the best

gosh suddenly I don't remember what it was like to be 21. Feels like ages ago.

how bout a nice handbag? :-)
love satchi