How do you know when someone is flirting with you?

D

Quote From jepsonclough:

Mirroring your body langauge.

Also just think about what you do when you are flirting!

The problem is I don't know what I do because I don't really flirt as far as I know. Maybe I do, but I tend to prefer the direct and blunt approach. And I wonder why I'm single...

S

I find the easiest way to spot when someone is flirting with me is their guide dog and white cane.

I think one of the best things to do is watch them with other people as some people have naturally flirty behaviour. If they're acting differently towards you...then its on! (turkey)

N

You probably do flirt, I think everyone does in their own way. And not always when it's someone they fancy, sometimes it's just to get what they want from someone, for example. Maybe this person is a bit shy?

From what you've said I do think they're interested in you, another thing to look out for it if they ask you loads of questions, then remember everything you say, but recall it in a way that makes it seem that they don't quite remember, when they can. So that they're pretending not to remember to look 'cool' about it. Does that make sense?

D

I have huge experience in not flirting with you. Some signs to be seriously considered are (in order of appearance):
never remember a thing you tell them (keep asking the same questions), sit to the opposite corner of the room and cross their hands tight on their chest, put a book in front of their face when they talk to you, talk about the weather when they are alone with you and then run fast and far away, laugh nervously for no apparent reason when together. When you ask them out for coffee they have " this thing to do, overworked, other plans". :-(

S

Lol, I think everyone flirts a little, some a lot (I'm in the latter camp, can't help myself - dreadful flirt!) but when they are seriously full on flirting then its different and more intense - it sounds as though this person is interested, try flirting back a bit - go on, give it a go, its only flirting not full on action so not inappropriate :-p