I'm about to go to bed...

I

... and I get slightly worried when I 'have' to go to bed but I know I won't sleep. I've been working, so my brain is still really buzzing, but I've got to be up early - that makes it worse don't you find? If I fall asleep right NOW, I'll only get 4 hours :$

Anyway, do any of you have weird thoughts/feelings etc. in that strange place between awake and asleep?

F

Me too, I know what you mean insomniac. I hate going to bed with my brain buzzing as I know I won't sleep and then I get annoyed (and can't sleep even more)!

Hope you are feeling awake this morning.

P

Insomniac I know this may sound a really stooopid question given your username but do you have problems sleeping generally or is it just when you get really stuck into your work?
You could try taking some herbal valerian suppliement & I would really recommend trying a meditation before sleep. You can down load a few free good ones from iTunes that will help you with deep breathing and relaxing your muscles, this will guide the brain into the alpha-state - the most relaxed form of wakefulness before sleep.

I

that sounds useful, pea - thanks for the tip. I'm used to it now (I think it also runs in the family). It swings in roundabouts, so I know now that phases pass, I'm getting better at 'explaining things' to myself!

I'm really interested in other people's experiences of that weird time though - any very real 'nightmares' or 'out of body' - things like that ???

yes.. I know that strange place between awake and asleep Where real is unreal and unreal is far too real than real ever can be.

Do you exercise insomniac? A good swim or a long walk during the day really changes the way you sleep at night. And a cup of camomile tea (or the tablet form if you don't like the taste) just half an hour before going to bed. But after taking any herbal supplements, or doing breathing exercises, do not do anything else. Go straight to bed. Otherwise your brain will wake you up again.

we sent messages at the same time

I

thanks 404!

I think I'm my own worst enemy - with me, everything is 'just one more' (minute/chapter/chocolate...)

I probably don't exercise enough, although I'd say I was pretty active. This month, I have been mostly doing digging.