I'm addicted to...

B

======= Date Modified 16 Mar 2010 13:31:30 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
======= Date Modified 16 Mar 2010 10:20:49 =======
hahaha, i think i'll start watching this "Lion Man" aswell. It's always a pleasure to see someone who annoys dangerous animals get what's coming to him!

S

he has hand reared most of them and has only one small 'wild' pride. I don't think he deserves to 'get what's coming to him' he's saving them from extinction by setting up breeding programmes etc, trying to undo a lot of the bad stuff the human race has done in the past, like chopping down their habitat and hunting them for sport and fur etc. without people like that these animals would die out and future generations won't get to see them.

agree totally sascha, but he does ride them like horses, and generally annoy them in a steve irwin-esque manner! I'm watching it now :$

M

What a great thread! I went through a LionMan addiction last year, then they started showing America's Next Top Model at that time instead so got addicted to that. I've been through a long list of book,tv and comic addictions. Most recently the big bang theory. Also addicted to crochet and the 'usuals' :)

N

Mathkitty, I'd love to do something creative like crochet. I had a client in the other day who was a little older than me and she had a fantastic sense of style, and she was knitting when she was getting her hair done which I thought was quite cool, hobbies like that seem to have become more fashionable lately. When I took her bill we had a chat about her knitting and she said it was really therapeutic because its so repetitive, I've decided I want to get into it but don't know where to start - will get my grandma to teach me I think!

Since I've started my MSc I think my addiction to celebrity 'documentaries' has been enhanced...shamefully I love Katie Price/Jordan's even though she irritates me a bit and last night I found myself watching Kerry Katona's...I think its quite voyeuristic really and nice to get lost in their ridiculous worlds for a while. Coffee is another addiction and I always seem to have a bag of sweeties in my desk drawer as well, my mum often buys me white chocolate buttons when I'm stressed which doesn't help!

I learnt to knit when i was younger, although I could never cast on and cast off - my mum always did that for me! Although i never remember it being therapeutic, just irritating and I used to get sore fingers/thumbs. The main problem is that I can't stand wearing wool so the motivation of making anything is pretty much non-existent.

P

My mum cant knit and stitch and such like. And once I had to knit when I had to do some school craft thingy my dad walked in and said in a very sombre voice - "i do not want to see my daughter knitting and cooking. Get up, read a book, write something".

OMG - the man's like that, can't be helped.

I have ten thumbs though so prolly good.

B

Quote From sascha:

he has hand reared most of them and has only one small 'wild' pride. I don't think he deserves to 'get what's coming to him' he's saving them from extinction by setting up breeding programmes etc, trying to undo a lot of the bad stuff the human race has done in the past, like chopping down their habitat and hunting them for sport and fur etc. without people like that these animals would die out and future generations won't get to see them.

Even though, riding Lions like horses sounds like abuse to me. Just because he has helped these animals doesn't give him the right to abuse them. Although I do applaud the man for his services to Lion kind....

Apparently one of his keepers was killed by a tiger :-(

Although to be fair to him he does have my dream job!