I'm back...no escaping this time!

F

Well year one is done, bar viva for upgrade report! I have had two breakdowns, been in hospital for 12 days, and got some results! How has everyone else's first year been!?

I

wow

K

Hopefully you have got all the dramatic events of a PhD over in one year!

I would say first 9 months of PhD pretty much sucked but now things are on the up experiment wise. Just need to work on my supervisor relationship, my uni actually runs a course on "managing your supervisor" seems I'm not the only one with a problem in that area...

F

We have one on getting the most out of supervision...so I think lots of places realise that it can be an issue. All ok now, just ploding on in the lab and trying to burn myself with HF!

P

hello welcome back

sorry you've had a horrible time, but big hug and hopefully things are going to be a lot better for you from now on.

F

Thanks Pea

I am getting help, and have my upgrade meeting on Fri. Results so far are interesting, and have an idea where I am going...so thats something!

F

Passed my upgrade, no academic reason why not! I just had to narrow down my aim, and think more about my research questions.